Ford ESP Warranty now available for all LR3s still under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dtmelm, when did you buy? I know that txAlfa just got his. Helps for the record, and for those comparing costs, to know the timing of the purchase relative to then current pricing from vendors. Thanks.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I purchsed the ESP warranty from Jack at the end of October for 2000 usd with a 50 usd deductible. It covers 6 years, 100k. From what i recalled, the rates went up after November 1 or around there. I'm content with the coverage and certainly the cost..

dtmelm

Reaction score
dtmelm, when did you buy? I know that txAlfa just got his. Helps for the record, and for those comparing costs, to know the timing of the purchase relative to then current pricing from vendors. Thanks.

Sorry 'bout that...I bought last week (12/26)...I also went with the $100 deductable. There was a $200 ded available but it only saved $160 so after two visits you'd be negative...

D.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you take an LR covered by this waranty to an LR shop? sounds like folks are paying 2K-ish for 6/100K miles.. there seemed to be some confusion.. this functions as an extension from the original 4/50 miles so its only covering it for two more years or another 50K miles? is that right?

txAlfa

Reaction score
Yes, you can take it to the LR dealership. I believe you are correct in that those citing a 6yr/100k limit start counting from their vehicle's service date. Some, like mine, will start effective the signing of the warranty contract. I opted for 4yr/48k which starts now and I happen to be at the end of my regular warranty, so I effectively reach 8 yrs/84k (mileage is lower because of where my odometer is currently). It obviously wouldn't make much sense to get one that starts counting at signing if you are still covered under your regular warranty for a while.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack must be busy, can't get him to return my call....

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to local Ford dealership about the ESP premiumcare coverage. The service manager specifically stated that the air suspension bags are not covered, because they are considered a shock. How do you like that? He said, the compressor and the valves and everything else is covered. Does anybody with the ESP plan care to make a call and confirm?
This is why I hate warranties, you can read all the fine print you want, but you literally need ESP to know that they consider a spring a shock.
At any rate 7 yr, 75000 miles (from new) is $2095.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them the car has shock absorbers to dampen the suspension motion, plus it has springs to support the car. They can't have it both ways, a spring is a spring (whether it is made of steel coils or of an air bladder) and a shock is a damper. The two perform different functions.
Plus, you are taking a service manager's word over that of the contract provider's - and I recall that the contract might exclude shocks but it does not exclude springs. Your guy is not informed, I guess. We faced this with allroads all the time. If he worked on a fancy, loaded Navigator/Expedition with air springs and shocks and had a warranty claim on a spring, I bet he would find a way to bill it.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to my service rep who has dealt with the Ford ESP warranty on several ocassions, to include the air susupension. She said Ford has never denied a claim on any single covered part, including the air bladders.

I took it one step further and asked the Mercury side of my dealership's house regarding the air suspension. She also confirmed that the enitre air suspension (as stated on the brochure) is covered.

Guess we'll have to wait until someone has a claim to find out for sure.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy said that since the shock and spring are incorporated, somehow they 'get' to call it a shock and not cover it. That's the kind of BS that makes me think twice about getting the warranty, that somehow they will weasel out of covering anything. Also in the brochure, they do list air suspension as being covered but then put in parentheses (selected electronic components). Nobody could tell me what that meant.
Lastly, aren't you supposed to take the car to the dealership that sold you the warranty? What are you guys doing that bought it from Jack on the east coast?
Thanks again guys, I will probably end up getting it - don't have much time to decide.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99