Ford ESP Warranty now available for all LR3s still under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBA,

Thanks for the review.

Does anyone have an opinion on how this plan compares to other's that are out there? Is this the most complete or competitive?

I'm a little bothered by the "offroading" language. Guess what they don't know won't hurt 'em?

The way Jack explained the terms are that the 7 years and 100k miles begin at the date of service. For instance, my LR3 was put in to service Mar 05 and would therefore expire Mar 2012 or 100k miles.

Also, who pays for the repairs? Do I pay upfront and get reimbursed or does the shop file the claim?

I'm not sure what to do now.

I know I need an extended warranty, but don't want to get screwed by a better deal somewhere else.

What say the rest of you?

Last edited:

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, since this is a manufacturer's contract and not a third party providers (of which I have read many more), it is silent on payment for repairs. One could call the number for approval of repairs and ask. If it was a Ford family store they would know how to collect. If it's an "Emergency" repair or one at a LR store, assuming you get approval can you get reimbursed for an approved repair or will they pay the store directly with credit card? Often these are spelled out terms.
As for what Jack says versus the contract, I would clarify in writing from Ford that LR is one way or the other if it matters to you. Jack's words can't bind Ford. It clearly says brands other than F or L-M are considered as competitive and timed as I said.
Finally, this coverage level is good and comparable to exclusionary that I have seen from third party providers (including even Audi's branded contract, now that I think of it). Better, it has nothing that gives them the right to deny a claim on air suspension as some contracts might (for rubber parts or springs, to name two bad exclusions that I have seen).
All I can say is that we could once more try to see the GMAC paper as a comparison. I have never seen the LR paper, either. Did anyone ever try to call the Texas dealer who discounted for one member who bought his car there, as I mentioned way up a few pages? I have no idea what that LR plan deal really was, just that he said it was cheap.

D90

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the PDF. I have been following this thread intently and hoping some others would give their opinion of the ESP warranty. I just need to figure out where to get the money for the warranty.

clew

Reaction score
I would be interested, too. My 05 warranty is up at the end of January.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is up at the end of January as well, more than likely I will be interested in a group buy.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is up at the end of January as well, more than likely I will be interested in a group buy.

Mine is up the end of April - I'd probably be interested too (I've tried emailing Jack, but I don't think he totally grasped my question).

-Rich

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, It looks like lot's of people are interested in a group buy, but how does this happen?

Has the forum done this before?

txAlfa

Reaction score
GMAC Repair Advantage PDF

Well, mine was one of the posts that got lost in the last few days. I wish I could remember all of the wisdom and incredible insight that i had included (oh yeah, and did anyone right down my formula for making high octane fuel out of dirt?), but I think I'm doing well in remembering the link to the PDF of the GM ext. warranty i purchased.

I chose the 4yr / 48k miles (from signing) option and got it for $2702 from my LR dealer in town. My regular warranty had 2 days left and I had 23 miles to go before hitting 36k which is a price line for the warranty, so I got it even though I wasn't able to get a copy of the actual agreement beforehand. What I took comfort in was that I was not signing anything that indicated I had agreed to any conditions other than what was on the paper in front of me. The contract can actually be canceled in the first 60 days for a full refund (so someone tell me if they see something bad in here, please).

I have the $100 disappearing deductible option which means if I bring it in to service at the dealer I purchased it from, i don't have to pay it. The dealer was also able to set me up on a payment plan for 24 months at 0% interest - this was a major consideration in purchasing for me.

The agreement can be found here.

Oh, someone had posted after me and indicated a concern about all the references to the "selling dealership" and that they did not buy their Rover from a dealership. The reference to the "selling dealership" is actually referring to the dealership that sold you the extended warranty.

dtmelm

Reaction score
Another ESP buyer...

FWIW...I have an '06 that is at about 34.5k. Jack at Ford ESP (actually a dealership in CT) was very very helpful.

I endedup with the Premium package as it is basically "exclusionary" in that it covers all but specific parts excluded. For the LR3, this was the only plan that would cover things like the factory Nav system as well as the air suspension.

I opted for the 6 year 100k (at my current mileage, I may be over that before the end of the period but a slight change in my commute could change that) and I think the out the door was about $2410 with all the discounts.

Now I've had not problems of real issue with my LR3 (knock on wood) but my luck said that as soon as that factory warrenty expires, something expensive would break.

Note that I've tried unsuccesfully to obtain an extended from my local dealer. After the last time, I asked the service manager and he admited that at least on coverage after initial sale, their prices were just off scale high and generally weren't making much sales there.

Thanks to all on this forum for searching this option out and providing so much information. I would have never found this on my own.

D.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99