Frustration with '14 availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoJack in my opinion is a waste of money. LR4 is a low volume vehicle and not very popular with thieves. If you do some off roading put this money into better tires/ wheels or rock sliders.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't ever find a low volume car on a most stolen list. They don't weight the list by number of models produced.

They don't make that many LRs compared to most other things.

elrocko

Reaction score
GAP insurance

I'm not sure if by "umbrella insurance" you are referring to GAP insurance. I highly recommend GAP insurance. You should be able to get it from the dealer for $300 or less. It protects you in the event that the truck is totaled before you have equity. If you are taking out a significant loan, you will have a GAP period where this is the case. I used to sell it in NY state for $95 and I would highly encourage that everyone buy it, even though the state disallowed dealer profit on that item.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even better than gap insurance is a big enough down payment that you're never upside down.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week a newspaper listed two Land Rover vehicles and one Jaguar in the Top 3 most difficult to purchase due to inventory shortage (globally).

1. LR4
2. Some Jaguar
3. Range Rover

I guess this would explain the OP.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My concern is I drive off the lot and lose $15k in depreciation, and if the car gets totaled a week later I would be out that $15k after insurance. I had thought umbrella insurance would cover this depreciated value but I may be mistaken.

I typically don't publish this info, but for the case of the insurance question I will be paying cash for the car and not financing.

IRT spizzi, yep, I got a cold hard lesson in brand new LR4 procurement this year!

elrocko

Reaction score
Gap Insurance

If you're paying cash then obviously there is no need for Gap insurance. Some insurance companies offer new car replacement insurance which will compensate for that huge depreciation hit - if your car is totaled - but you pay dearly for it. "Umbrella" insurance is typically a large policy that covers all of your vehicles and home above and beyond your liability coverage on those. For example, some people choose to buy umbrella insurance for $1million that kicks in after their car policy is exhausted.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't add any more opinions on the Lojack or GAP insurance question. Its the risk vs cost thing that is very personal. If you never use it maybe it seems like a waste. If you need it and don't have it you kick yourself.

But putting those topics aside, great to hear that you are about to get your LR4. Crossing my fingers it will be issue-free. I can't remember where you live but hopefully it is someplace where you can get out and enjoy it. (After the appropriate break-in-I-don't-want-to-get-it-dirty period.) And of course we'll want to see pics.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b2327ca001c9e37929088f94fc5f4dab.jpg

Delivered to my work yesterday. I'm in love :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi