FS - RRS wheels with 255/55/19 Goodyear MTR's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

4 RRS wheels which will fit the LR4 with 255/55/19 Goodyear MTR's for sale.
Tires have <5K miles. Lots of thread still on them.
Wheels are slightly scratched up with no TPMS.

I'm in San Jose, CA.

Asking $950

Take care!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the 18" Compomotive wheels, but if I wasn't going that route I'd definitely jump on this since I am in San Carlos, CA.

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have any problems running 255/55 instead of standard 255/50 on your RRS?

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never ran them on a RRS so I can't say for sure but was told that it could run without any issues.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if running an over-sized wheel (255/55 on the RRS and 255/60 on the LR4) will give me any problems.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it 100% but discount tire direct.com has a plus zero calculator when you put your vehicle in and maybe that will show applicable sizes. The other question is in regards to offset of these wheels. In my lr3 I put a set of rr wheels on and they would not clear front calipers as offset was wrong-so if offset is different from lr4 wheel it may or may not allow for different tire applications. I'm sure someone here has real world knowledge vs my speculation.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would definitely be a +1 size, which is what I'm looking for. I need to figure out if it will be a problem (other than the odometer and speedometer being slightly off on the low side).

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would definitely be a +1 size, which is what I'm looking for. I need to figure out if it will be a problem (other than the odometer and speedometer being slightly off on the low side).

Actually it's kinda of plus zero (which is really 275/55/19) as your increasing sidewall height but not overall width (though it too is increasing somewhat due to the overall effect of the sidewall to width ratio's as that's what these numbers really are, ratios).

In true terms a +1 is increasing diameter (20") and width with a lower profile to obtain the same overall diameter.

Tire choices may get better with the change from 55 to 60 sidewall ratios, and the higher sidewall will offer better security (for your rims), but obviously you'd have to make sure that overall load rating stays the same or increases, deal with more sidewall flex in turns, and check the clearance.

I'm lucky in that I did a +0 on my wife's last car to get better tire options and while I knew the tires would fit based on calculators like discount tire directs, the tire shop I was buying them from doubted me (they're not used to +0 combo's but were willing to match the price) and fit two tires on and checked the fitment front and rear before installing the other two and balancing them all up...maybe you can find someone to do the same...you could offer to pay them $40 for the two mountings if it doesn't work....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will be no problem at all. If anything, the speedo will be more accurate since it is notoriously overestimating speed out of the factory. And a difference that marginal will not create any other issues, other than a marginally cushier ride and a smidgen more floaty handling due to increased sidewall height.

Brakes, offsets, dimensions and clearances are the same on 2006-2009 Sport / LR3 and 2010-2013 Sport / LR4, so wheels and tires are pretty much interchangeable between the two models (the one exception is a Sport S/C fitted with front Brembo brakes.)

Last edited:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I want to swap the 255/50 tires on the RRS for 255/55 tires like the ones on the LR4 after installing the Johnson Rods.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM