Fuel Line Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medman61

Reaction score
So I found a local mechanic just down the road from my house who agreed to work on it. Called Land Rover dealer and told them I was sending tow truck. Dealer charged me $115 for diagnosis of issue. $250 to tow to dealer, another $250 to tow to local guys shop. Several days later he told me what his estimate was and that Land Rover had the 1 PART necessary in stock. I drove by and picked up the part, $275 for part. $425 for labor - 5 hours labor at $85/hr. Picked up Land Rover 2 days ago, good as before.
All told $1315 with $500 in towing and $115 to dealer. STILL much less than $2100 that dealer said was absolute minimum to fix - supposedly 11 hours of labor; and significantly less than over $3900 that dealer initially quoted.
Here are a couple pics of part, fuel line broke at weld where it went into one of the 2 high pressure pumps, mechanic said it was poor engineering and it has been an issue noted on websites he checked.
In the end, found a mechanic to do things when I don't have time...and will never go to the dealer again for repairs.

1-Land Rover fuel line.jpg

1-20181223_135511.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM