"Ghost" suspension fault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys so I have the weirdest problem, my LR3 gives me a yellow suspension fault in an absolutely random manner, compressor is working properly and the ride feels the same, also when I don't have the fault I can rise it to off road height with no problem and it will also enter extended mode (sometimes also randomly and then will say "reset height if clear of obstacle"). The yellow light disappears after I turn it off and only God knows when it will appear again, may be days, may be minutes. I wouldn't care about it if it didn't cut the speed to just 30 mph when the fault is on. To be honest I don't have time to take it to the stealership and wait for them to tell me a fake $2k problem.

I must mention that I am at 60k miles and have an airnott industries front air strut. Has anyone got any idea of what it might be? or how to reset the suspension or whatever.

Thanks!!

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your suspension compressor has not been replaced yet, I am guessing it is starting to die. You might be able to "refresh" it and prolong its life. The dryer desiccant material becomes inundated with moisture and starts crumbling with time, making it difficult for air to move through the dryer. Perhaps this is the cause of the warning light.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you hell pie. I´ll check on that, even tho it would be even weirder as calling my city dry is an understatement. Hope it is something less expensive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635