good ground location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widepud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have advice on a good ground for my deck? i replaced the factory tapedeck w a in dash cdplayer and i bought the wiring harness for it. problem is although the antena plug grounds it it dosnt ground it well,and when the actual ground wire is hooked up, it creates more ground noise than when its only grounded through the antena. :stupid:

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally - that can indicate an issue with your plug wires - i.e. they are 'leaking' HV but, let's assume you just have a finnicky deck; the best grounding (which I have to do with my mega-watt CB/10 meter radio) is at the negative terminal post on your battery; you can, of course, take your power for your deck right from there (i.e., from the positive terminal post) as well (don't forget to fuse it appropriately). If you do not want to get that elaborate - use the cross-bar/roll-bar which is right in behind your fuse panel access knee brace panel. I have grounded a few items to that - with no issues.

In the end, for best audio noise suppression you have to take the time and go to the battery.

Wolf

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak