Goodyear MT/R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

yeah, they said summer 2k6 about 8 months ago, so if you definitely do NOT hold your breath.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an email response I receieved TODAY from Goodyear:

Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Consumer Relations 728 1144 East Market Street Akron, OH 44316 Voice #: 800.321.2136 Fax #:

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for contacting our website.

Currently, there are no 18" or 19" sizes for the Wrangler MT/R. It appears as though the only 18" size that the MT/R is planned to be
produced in is LT275/65R18, "E". However, it is not available yet and we do not have a listed release date at this time.

To search for other tires available in the size you're looking for, or to search our entire catalog of tires, please visit
www.goodyeartires.com.

Thanks for choosing Goodyear!

Sincerely,

Kathryn

D

dry_fly

I have not had a chance to talk with my buddy... too much holiday cheer I'll call him tomorrow and see about the group option? He helped me out when even goodyear told me I was up a creek with my 03 disco.

D

dry_fly

I heard from Jon today... he thinks he will be able to help us with a group buy. he expects to hear back from Goodyear UK early next week. Stay tuned for more details.

Cheers!

A

apinti

Has any one try 275/65/18 size on.? The reason I am asking is because there is an option from Cooper Tires similar to MT/R on this size. I know they are 2'' bigger in diameter, but there are people who run 265/65/18 (BF Gooderich) with no major issues. They are 1.3'' bigger. I was just wandering if it's posible to stretch a bit. It my just solve all our problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Cooper STT's have been run on an LR3, they fit, but barely, and do rub on occassion when fully compressed. Search this forum or Discoweb.org for posts from a guy named something like TN-LR3 who fitted the Coopers

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 worth.. I was talking with the parts manager at the dealership today and he claims that the MT/R's received DOT approval within the last month and that Goodyear will be bringing these tires to the US in March or April.

If this is indeed true, hurray!!!!

U

umbertob

tommithy said:
Just my .02 worth.. I was talking with the parts manager at the dealership today and he claims that the MT/R's received DOT approval within the last month

They have been DOT approved for at least a year, I had a fellow Range Rover Sport owner in the UK check the listing number on his set (DOT# NEMO 2JV4 3304). I think it's hopeless.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4