Goodyear MT/R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dry_fly

I finally heard back from my buddy. It's not economical. His Goodyear rep told him the MT/R's are due in this summer in the sizes we are looking for Keep an eye out for them.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have Goodyear Wrangler MT/R on HSE 19"s?

300 bux on Tire Rack -- and I didnt know these were avail in the USA. ? Anyone have them on stock HSE rims (255/55/19)? Like? How are they for on / off road?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the Sollihull meeting Tuesday night and the NTR's came up in conversation, this is what I heard from 3 people who used to run them. They don't work well in water, snow or ice and after the first 1/2 of the tread wears off, they are very noisy.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the bigger version (275/65R18) and I love them off-road. I switch them when I get home so my highway use of them is limited. I wouldn't prefer to run them full-time; I'll put it that way. They handle like you'd expect a mud tire to handle.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running the Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar. I have the 275/65/R18 which is a 32 inch tire and they work great. I highly recommend this tire! Here is a link to see them: http://www.johnsonrods.com I air them down to about 25 psi and they are incredible on rocks. The ride is also quieter than most MT tires.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like those tires, my only concern is the C load rating.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MT/R with Kevlar

Because of the Kevlar the tires have a load capacity of 2,535 lbs per tire which is plenty sufficient for the LR3. That's over 10,000 lbs and the vehicle has a curb weight of 5,796 and a gross vehicle weight of 7,121.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4