Headlight Coverys for Dicso II?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

ricklandrover

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase smoked headlight covers for my 2000 Disco II. I checked local auto parts stores and they don't make them for a Disco. Just wondering if anyone here has bought them from a private company on the net or something. Thanks!

D

DiscoInferno

i don't know if you have seen this before but 3m makes a headlight film that will give you the same effect as a smoked headlamp. it is a sticky back film that helps prevent rock chips, and cracking of the lamp's glass. also because the film is so thin, it won't reduce the output of the lamp itself.

i know from experience that those GTO headlamp covers severly reduce the output of the light, to a point that you would find your vehicle undrivable in severe inclimate weather.

the film comes in many different colors and can be cut to fit any headlight.
i'm new to the land rover game, so the links i have won't be appropriate for your size headlamp...but that should be a good jump off for finding it.
one good generic lighting site i like is: www.danielsternlighting.com

another thought that maybe someone else can eloborate on:
with north american versions of vehicles sold in Europe, it is easy to say that our lighting is poor at best. i know that my volkswagen can easily be modded to accept european "E-Code" spec headlamps... which come from the factory in both clear and a smoked variety.
not only are they a bit cleaner looking...the beam pattern is concise, and more suited for "spirited driving". with a tighter beam pattern, and a clear cut off, these lights are much more suitable for HID retrofit.

maybe this also holds true for a european version of the land rover?

sorry to ramble...hope this helps :cool:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA