Headlight level/height adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this makes a lot more sense. My left low beam has always beam a bit lower than my right low beam. I also think my high beams are Amed too high. I’ll let you guys be the judge of that because maybe this is normal. I have a 2010 HSE LUX with the Bi-Xeon lights

Mine was like this as well. On drive-on-the-right countries, the left (driver's) side headlight is often aimed slightly lower so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2011 Workshop Manual -- "dipped beam" means low beam to us

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.40.38 PM.png

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this makes a lot more sense. My left low beam has always beam a bit lower than my right low beam. I also think my high beams are Amed too high. I’ll let you guys be the judge of that because maybe this is normal. I have a 2010 HSE LUX with the Bi-Xenon lights

View attachment 13083

View attachment 13084

View attachment 13085

A question, did you notice that yes you can raise your low beam but when that’s in an acceptable position your high beam is basically shooting into the sky? I played with it again and the low beam DID move vertically ever so slightly. However, I noticed the high beam was now shooting into space looking for the Chinese rocket. I had to tell the car it had already landed in the Indian Ocean.

Last edited:

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just going to try a new set of D3S’s altogether. I do see some led ones on Amazon with a canbus box to hopefully mitigate any errors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CN8VYK...abc_7CY9NF56P5TNAZX7RPNC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone have any experience with these?

I do not want to purchase another set of Phillips only to have very dim lights a year later. I feel like I have replaced them 3 times in 6 years.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A question, did you notice that yes you can raise your low beam but when that’s in an acceptable position your high beam is basically shooting into the sky? I played with it again and the low beam DID move vertically ever so slightly. However, I noticed the high beam was now shooting into space looking for the Chinese rocket. I had to tell the car it had already landed in the Indian Ocean.

yup, do you think I should lower my high beam light or is this normal.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was like this as well. On drive-on-the-right countries, the left (driver's) side headlight is often aimed slightly lower so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

alight just making sure because my car was in a fender bender early on in its life when a pick up truck decided to slide on ice right into the left head lamp of my car, so just making sure that it was all adjusted right. What do you think abt the High beams tho, are they slightly too high?

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest I never noticed this problem before because where I used to live there were plenty of street lights. And when I was off-road I was using high beams anyway. However where I am now it’s pitch black in many places on the street.

I can’t find a normal low beam position that doesn’t put the high beams shooting probably 20 feet in the sky at distance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72