heated windshield retrofit on L405

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-lr4

Reaction score
HI everyone. New to the range rover world. I have been a member on here in the LR4 section. we recently acquired a range rover full size (L405).

Has anyone tried to retrofit a heated windshield on the current model L405 full size range rover that was not built with that option from the factory? With the recent winter weather here in Texas, I miss the awesome functionality of the heated windshield that we had on our LR4 - with that on, the ice / snow would just get swiped away with the wiper blades.

ours is a 2022 RR autobiography. Did not spec my build and had to get one off of what the dealer had.

I am hoping that the electrical hardware is already present and its just a case of plug and play and coding it in. Wanted to ask around here and see if someone had tried it before.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if the current models do the same, but all the older models have been prewired for heated windshields even if not equipped. The only down side is to make it work you have to program the vehicle for it and/or add a button.

k-lr4

Reaction score
Good to know … I’ll probably roll without it right now . Coding anything new into jlr products has been a nightmare every single time . Very sparse aftermarket support , at least on the software front

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you ever decide to go on the Kentucky Bourbon Tour, stop in at Platinum auto group and have Nathan program it. You could even call him to double check if it is possible. 90% of all their service and sales is Land Rover. Even the Local LR dealership sends customers to him.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut