Heavy Duty Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spatterso

Reaction score
for those of you with the heavy duty package. My salesman is trying desperately to talk me out of the package. I am spec'ing an 08 LR3 and I know that I may go offroading at some point, but most duty will be on paved roads. Please convince me of reasons why or why not to go with the heavy duty package. I know it comes with locking rear diff, and full size spare. Is there anything else it comes with that I don't know about?? Looking to purchase ASAP.

Thanks!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why on earth would he try to talk you out of it, unless he doesn't have one? The spare alone is worth the extra $500 or so. And who wouldn't want an extra diff lock? On top of everything else, it will up your resale value as they are hard to come by. And yes, those are the only two features of the package.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^What he said. Get it - I wish ours had it.

-Rich

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 has it, and I'm getting it on my new 2008. If there is any downside I sure haven't seen it. If I was you I'd find another salesman (because this guy is obviously trying to get you to spec your truck based on his inventory, not your needs/interests).

David

spatterso

Reaction score
Well, stragely, two different salesman are telling me that the heavy duty package has been discontinued. Anybody with LR connections, please confirm or refute this statement!!!!

I am also being told that if you order a black interior, you will only get a piano black wood (2008) and the beige/walnut combination is the only combination. I feel like it is only to push the on-lot inventory, but I can't be sure.

Anyone recommend a dealership that will give me what I want?? I am in the Southern CA area.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, stragely, two different salesman are telling me that the heavy duty package has been discontinued. Anybody with LR connections, please confirm or refute this statement!!!!

I am also being told that if you order a black interior, you will only get a piano black wood (2008) and the beige/walnut combination is the only combination. I feel like it is only to push the on-lot inventory, but I can't be sure.

Anyone recommend a dealership that will give me what I want?? I am in the Southern CA area.

I don't have Land Rover connections, but I do have access to www.landroverusa.com which apparently your sales people don't :biggrin: According to LRUSA.com, they are still offering HD packages on 2008s, and you can get either the straight grained walnut wood or grand black lacquer wood (I'm assuming that is the piano black) with the ebony interior.

I think you are being fed a line :hmpf:

Good luck!
Rich

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Try Dino at Land Rover Encino (866) 344-3296 Tell him John Rothschild sent you:hello:

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a great option - they are probably trying to steer you toward existing inventory...?

Robert Page

Reaction score
Tell me again why a Land Rover would not have a full size spare and a locking differential? I just keep forgetting!!

BAD SALESMAN, No doughnut for you!!! Find another salesman. I would not have one without the HD package.

mzaver

Reaction score
The dealership is being lazy - they want to clear what they have on the lot/on order. Make them work for their $.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge