Hello Everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big_Mark

Reaction score
Like the title says, Hello everyone!

I'm another long time ******** Jeeper that has moved on and seen the light of performance and luxury.

There is a story, this is my intro read on if you care if not scroll down to see the pics already! :biggrin:

I bought my 82 Cj-8 Scrambler in 1994-95 took it shooting, road exploring in the Cascades (I'm a WA state Native and live in Snohomish WA). I drove it to work on trips and trails (Naches in WA is my favorite that is left open) on a daily basis until 1999 when I followed my freinds Brad and "Jeepmauler" .With friends like that you go wheeling twice a month every trip requires winching. MInd you at this time Brad has his TJ on 38's a Black Diamond lift and a freshly transplanted 5.0, Jeff had his Cherokee before it was cut up and re-worked into the Rieter master that is became on maybe 35's don't remember time makes thing hazy thats why I'm writing this down. My Jeep was still on the 31" TSLs with super stiff and bead breaky sidewalls and my crappy hard riding Pro Comp 4" lift leafs. :argh: That lift sucked but lasted another 3-4 years until the leafs them selves started breaking up. SO what I was getting to it was a trip to "Highrider" No long closed thanks to the Gnomes, and Bonnevile/DNR anyways we went up and somewhere along the trail I mashed in my door. After that it was game on, Ultimately leading to lots of extreme wheeling (I like to say I've rolled my Jeep first thing in the a.m., rolled it back over and wheeled the rest of the day, because it's a fact!) over time though my local proving ground was turning from a local forest open to the public policed lightly by one Officer covering all of Western WA State. A place where trail building was an underground culture that I subscribed to. We obeys rules, no crossing streams, wetlands. That wasn't what we were after anyways we preferred the tight trees and off camber challenges combined with side hill "gates" of trees. Lots of body damage on every trip.
Over time and local support groups of concerned citizens did what they could do to help turn Reiter "Pit" into Reiter "Trails". I fully supported it. When the time came to start turning the Zoning from forest use to multiuse property I gave my testimony to the County Counsel in support of the zone change. All was going well until the change actually started occurring existing trails were mapped new proposed trail systems were split up into the new areas. Parking lots and toilets were being planned.
Then the US economy turned to S**te funding was pulled now the area is closed until futhur notice. The trail system has been closed now going on 2 years with a missed promised re-open date this past Summer.
SO my Uber-Jeep had now been sitting in my garage for 1 year. I lost interest in the ******** wheeling and decided to TRADE my Jeep for a streetable Running trail capable (not HC) rig. and I got one.

1994 D1, Old Man Emu Lift, CDL T-case, 3.9, Rocker skids, Winch, Winch Bumper, Steering stabilizer, Front skid, Rear locker, two level roof rack, One big ass Hella head lamp and two smaller ones, oh and a CB.

SN850113.jpg

I had to do a little maintenance, there's an oil leak on top of the engine somewhere, I only notice it when I'm climbing steep hills, not a big issue right now (maybe next Summer).
There was a larger issue though. My friggin gas tank was cracked and would dump a gallon or so of gas onto the ground when I'd fill it up all the way. Come to find out that is a re-call issue. I called Land Rover they said it will be taken care of and to call a local dealer, give them your VIN set up an appointment.
I did, at Land Rover / Jaguar in Bellevue WA everyone was really helpful, professional and friendly. Darren in the service department took my info set up the appointment all at no charge to me the 3rd or 4th owner of this vehicle. I was impressed by their service. There was one fortuitous hold up though. There was a large, flat vent hose of some sort that ripped upon tank removal, they had to order the part so I ended up driving a 2006 LR2 for a day and a half. That was "nice" it had power and great wet road traction but was louder inside than my old D1 with mud tires and a lift! Also in my opinion that was a car not a truck. I like Land Rover Trucks.
So because of this great experience I decided to look at a used LR3, 2006 ES 4.4 V-8 (I loves me my V-8!), with the Heavy Duty tow package. Evidently tow package equates to rear locking diff, that makes me happy.

2010-12-24_13-14-23_678.jpg

The new ride has 94k on it, but had the service department go over it before reselling it on their lot. I just took it for a drive to my Mothers house (200 miles one way) what a great experience, I am so happy with my new DD (Daily Driver) it was an up-trade for me. I had a Chevy 2006 Malibu MAXX SS model with 88k on it. I was starting to worry about it needing around $2k of work (gut feeling mostly, but it is a Chevy with 88k on it, wouldn't you be worried!? ) I have no regrets with either of my trades/trade ins.

Well if you're still reading this thanks, it's nice to meet ya.
I plan on taking my D1 to Naches this late Spring-Summer and into Fall. If any of you have wheeler Rovers and want to hook up shoot me a message, it is a great American site!

See you on the highways and by-ways !!

Mark Rogalski

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... nice Rovers.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members