Hello one and all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NEPAROVER

Reaction score
I joined not too long ago though I have had my 00 Disco II since 2007. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and other than fuel economy I find nothing wrong with it.

My plans for the vehicle:

I will be adding a 2 inch suspension lift but before doing so I will be replacing all of the steering components except for the steering column and the linkage for that. Basically I want to start with everything as close to new as possible for my piece of mind. I have also thought about opening the pumpkins and inspecting gears for any excessive wear and tear even though I do not have any noises or current problems.

I am changing out the 18 inch factory wheels and going with 16x8 steel wheels though I am not sure what brand of tire yet or the size, I suppose the next size up from 255/65/16 which is the stock for 16 inch wheels. If I experience any wheel rub I suppose I can just adjust the steering bump thus increasing my turn radius which is not a big deal considering it all ready turns on $1.50 and not a dime.

I have a dent on each passenger door from rubbing against two trees and have found the most economical way to fix them is to find two doors in a salvage yard that are the same colour, Chawton white and then just move the innards onto the new doors.

Last but not least I am looking at doing a true dual exhaust and have all ready looked at how it can be routed. Needless to say my Disco is a rolling project and takes all of my extra money but I wouldn't have it any other way because my Disco can take me places that a person can not.

In the future I am toying with the idea of chopping the roof off, having a full roll cage put in but making the top able to be put back on as a hard top as well as use a soft top if I wanted that instead. Though I will be buying an old car for a few hundred bucks to drive to work while I take that project on. Also I want to rip out the carpet and put in a liner, turn the seats into manual adjusting seats as well as waterproofing the dash and controls so that if I were caught in the rain without a top it wouldn't matter.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9