Help! all SIDE AIRBAGS DEPLOYED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would certainly seem that regardless of what dune buggys are for, that a vehicle with a sand setting as part of standard equipment should not have fired off its airbags if there was no impact.

Incidentally I had to pay 400 dollars a few years ago in south padre island when I broke the wheel off of a rented dune buggy because I was driving it on the dunes. Go figure.

Rhazer

Reaction score
I'd like to see a video of this "sliding down sideways" descent. Not because I don't believe you, but because I'd like to get a better visual of how this works exactly. Sounds intriguing...

///

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a video of this "sliding down sideways" descent. Not because I don't believe you, but because I'd like to get a better visual of how this works exactly. Sounds intriguing...

I assume it'd be like traversing a snowy hill, pointed down at - say a 30 degree angle. You are going a little across the dune, a little down, with a little slippage down while the tires build up some sand and stop the slide.
I suppose the airbag could have inertia-sensed an impending rollover, but it's all pretty ******** to think that you could spend 12-15 grand after playing in the sand and having an otherwise completely undamaged vehicle. If I was Land Rover, I'd pay for the airbags and BEG the guy not to talk about it to anyone. But that just makes too much sense.

Rhazer

Reaction score
I assume it'd be like traversing a snowy hill, pointed down at - say a 30 degree angle. You are going a little across the dune, a little down, with a little slippage down while the tires build up some sand and stop the slide.
I suppose the airbag could have inertia-sensed an impending rollover, but it's all pretty ******** to think that you could spend 12-15 grand after playing in the sand and having an otherwise completely undamaged vehicle. If I was Land Rover, I'd pay for the airbags and BEG the guy not to talk about it to anyone. But that just makes too much sense.
///

Last edited:

Rhazer

Reaction score

i misinterpreted your post, yes you are correct on the description.....

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually, it would be as you said, but going straight , like riding the top crescent of the dune and then as you are driving straight, you would probably veer off a bit to either side and start to slide sideways down while going straight ,you would try to counter steer back up but it is an impossible fact, you would just have to keep sliding down while still heading str8 and so you just wait till you are at the bottom, or skip eating the sand in your face and in the car and just steer down and str8...

yes it is totally ridiculous to pay that amount of money when the vehicle is made for these things and in no way we were even close to flipping!

if i had to do the job, would i just need the airbags and the srs module, or do i need to get sensors you think as well and chuck the old ones out?

I would find which sensor triggered the discharge and replace it, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4