Help me justify HSE over SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
srfgeek, your $54K price seems to be far under "list" if it includes all the accessories you say... since the cheapest the '06 HSE can be (with the forced packages) is now $53,450 instead of $49,995 in '05. So, it's a good deal if you are giving us correct information.

Normally, the dealer could care less if you "pay cash." He probably makes more if you finance with him...

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
srfgeek said:
Also - pls help me justify (to my wife ) wy I would want to get an HSE for $7k more?

You prefer lower profile tires so your wife can get more feedback when she curbs the rims? ;-P

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srfgeek
Also - pls help me justify (to my wife ) wy I would want to get an HSE for $7k more?

Just tell her to wash the dishes and keep her opinions to herself!

S

srfgeek

LOL - actually - she is pushing me to the HSE since she knows me so well.

S

srfgeek

Oh yeah - and this whole thing started because she wanted a minivan. We have three little ones so I caved. The problem was I need to sell my 04 545 BMW :( since I own a boat.

But I think the LR3 will be a fun replacement - different kind of car and will get us and the boat to the water nicely and me to the mountains during the big storms I chase for snowboarding...

Thanks again!

S

srfgeek

grommet said:
srfgeek, your $54K price seems to be far under "list" if it includes all the accessories you say... since the cheapest the '06 HSE can be (with the forced packages) is now $53,450 instead of $49,995 in '05. So, it's a good deal if you are giving us correct information.

Normally, the dealer could care less if you "pay cash." He probably makes more if you finance with him...

Sorry - it's an 05 and I it does have all the accessories I mentioned - frankly, I like the car without the guard on the rear lights and the mudflaps and running board - one of the main things I fell in love with on the car are the striking and clean lines.

F

Freeflytim

madtownrover said:
You prefer lower profile tires so your wife can get more feedback when she curbs the rims? ;-P

HAH HAH HAH!
good one Madtown!

T

texas911

Grommet, what I was saying was that $7K difference in price includes a lot more than just the radio, seats and nav. It also includes the rear seats and rear a/c for the price difference.

S

srfgeek

pulled the trigger on a late 05 production Silver/Alpaca HSE - got it for $2000 over invoice so I am very happy - figured I would be close to that anyway with a loaded SE... Pick it up tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freeflytim

Wa hoo!
Welcome to the Land Rover "Experience!"
Awesome you got the HSE....
After you drive it awhile and then you get an SE as a loaner (yeah, it'll happen) you'll be so happy you got what you got!! Screw the wheels, the driver's seat and stereo are sooo much better!
Every car/truck Ive had in the past 15 years has been black. I love black. Dirty or clean. Silver was my third choice on my Disco3 order and the first they could deliver. I took it. I now love the color... I can drive in the rain for days and the truck still 'looks' clean.
Now you need to find and join a local Land Rover club and get it dirty!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink