HELP!! P0107 code after timing chain replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyrover

Reaction score
We recently had the timing chains along with numerous other components replaced on our 2012 RRS with the 5.0L SC V8 engine by a highly recommended indy shop in Colorado. Since then it's been back several times for codes and restricted performance issues. The one code that keeps coming up is a P0107 code. Manifold absolute pressure/barometric sensor low input. The repair shop said they replaced it with a "known good sensor" which I'm not sure means used or an aftermarket one. Anyway it spent a month or more there and now they're recommending we replace the engine wiring harness at a cost of $6500!!! We've already spent more than $15k on the repairs so far. Is there something they might be overlooking and could fix this problem? It's very frustrating because before it went in for repairs it ran fine besides the timing chain noise and now it seems it's one problem after another. Any advice would be helpful.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need an entire wiring harness. The circuit to the MAP sensor can be overlaid.

I would try an OEM sensor- back of the intake on the left side- see if that works.

Last edited:

wyrover

Reaction score
You don't need an entire wiring harness. The circuit to the MAP sensor can be overlaid.

I would try an OEM sensor- back of the intake on the left side- see if that works.
I was told by the repair shop the supercharger needed to be removed to access it. Is that true?

wyrover

Reaction score
I figured out the problem. I ordered a new sensor and installed it. The CEL came on again with the same code. I decided to check the voltage at the connector and it read the correct amount and then went to 0. I wiggled the wires and it went back to normal. I lightly pulled on each wire and one pulled out of the connector. My guess is when the repair shop unplugged the sensor they pulled on the wires and not the connector and then just pushed the wire back into the connector. I reattached the end and soldered it in place and haven't had an issue since. You would think they would have checked for loose wires at the connector but it was probably easier just to quote me a price of more than $6k to replace the whole engine wiring harness!!

ScottE

Reaction score
Reading these forums makes me less and less trust Indy shops or especially JLR dealers with fixing my vehicle. At least when I accidentally rip a wire out of a connector I can know it might cause problems later.

skydawg

Reaction score
I am speaking with a Colorado indy shop in Colorado springs.....do you have any recommendations (or anti-recomends)?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA