help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Katorican1

Reaction score
Ok is there any way for me to upload some audio so I can record the sound and upload it here? The sound happens from the stopped position frm 0mph to whatever, It happens during freeway speeds when i step on it good to pass some one. I just found out that it does it also in reverse. The sound comes from the rear and from under the vehicle. You can also "feel" the feedback through the vehicle . nothing flashes about the traction control. but I do get a suspension fault warning when at high speeds (80mph-100mph and above) Another thing that ive noticed is that when on the freeway going around curves it feels like it wants to tip over in the direction of inertia.As if its sitting too high , doesnt feel as grounded and stable like it did before.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can just take a video and hope to get good audio; then upload that. Keep it as short as possible so that it's not a huge file. Alternatively you could upload that video to YouTube and paste the link into a post.

Chris Moffitt

Reaction score
Drive the vehicle to reproduce the symptoms. Put the vehicle on stands. Put it in neutral. Rotate the rear tires by hand. Listen for grinding and feel for resistance. This is to eliminate bearings, calipers and rear differential. Use a mechanics stethoscope and place it on the rear differential housing while the wheels are rotated. Grasp the tires at 12 and 6 then at 3 and 9, checking for play. This eliminates ball joints and toe links. Remove the rear tires. Place a floor jack under the lower ball joint and relive stress on the CV axle. Manipulate the axle in and out as well as rotating. This eliminates the CV axle. Look to the far rear for counter weights. Make sure both swing freely. Next drain your rear differential and check for metal contamination.

Katorican1

Reaction score
I think you can just take a video and hope to get good audio; then upload that. Keep it as short as possible so that it's not a huge file. Alternatively you could upload that video to YouTube and paste the link into a post.
I've tried to upload 2 different audio files but I need to know what type of audio is accepted,and size limit

Katorican1

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input, it ended up being the transfer case was failing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72