Hi every one !question about the 2011 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ133

Reaction score
I have spent my weekend time doing research of the LR4 and seem like the 360 Camera issue is a big thing to concern about. Here is my question has Land Rover redesign the 360 Camera system yet ? or should wait till the 2012 model is out ?

Last edited:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any evidence that they have changed the system yet in new builds. We still here of poeple with 2011 my getting the overlay installed to fix the blue screen issue.

It sure would make sense that they would finally switch over to the new cables for the 2012 my.

Rob

AJ133

Reaction score
my impression of Land Rover is not quiet good cuz of the Freelander

AJ133

Reaction score
well the Camera issue may be helpful to get the sale price lower

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camera issue can be addressed. I had to wait 3 trips total and 6+ month of waiting for parts but now, it's working 100% every time I use the system. Sometimes I just turn it on while I drive so I can see if it's working.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my impression of Land Rover is not quiet good cuz of the Freelander

Really? I read the Freelander is extremely solid and scores quite high for ownership. But then again, it's not "really" a Land Rover after all.

AJ133

Reaction score
Really? I read the Freelander is extremely solid and scores quite high for ownership. But then again, it's not "really" a Land Rover after all.

I Had it for 2 years in Hong Kong and during the 2 years ownership it has been tow back to the dealer for 20 times or more sorry I forgot. Because the computer will not let me start the car, by the way it was a 2003 model

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see how that would be hard to get past your expirience with the LR2. The LR4 has been a fairly solid truck for most of us.

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are concerned about the camera issue, you don't have to get the vision assist package!

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 model years? It's not just Freelander then. Try 2003 Discovery II... or 2003 BMW all new Range Rover. Heck even the first year 2005 Ford LR3 had it's share of issues.

Difference in quality is noticeable.

I got 2010 LR2 as a loaner car while my LR4 was in the shop for camera issue and I was not impressed with LR2... I would buy it even if I have $40k sitting around doing nothing. I couldn't wait to return it and get my LR4 back. I rather take a LR4 with a broken camera then LR2...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99