Hi everybody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR_TANK

Reaction score
HI

I'm Vinicio, but most of my friends call me by my last name, Franco. I just wanted to introduce my self. I home I can meet people from Las Vegas, which is where i live :biggrin:

I own a 96 Disco, but im having a little problem wit it :****: It likes to overheat.. i already change the thermostat, the temp sensor, it doesnt lose any coolant and there is no smoke coming from the tailpipe can anyone give me any idea on what to do now

Thanks

BTW i know this is not the right forum since is non-technical

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum first of all.

Second... The disco is not known for having the best radiator in the business, but since you are in Las Vegas, it could also be either the fan clutch or the two electric fans may be bad.

The two electric fans should come on with the A/C on, if not then this is where we can start.

I would also check the fan clutch. Check it cold and try to spin the fan, then drive for 5 ot 10 minutes and see if you can spin the fan... if both times it spins easily, then the clutch is bad.

LR_TANK

Reaction score
Thanks, i'll give it a try. BTW i forgot to mention that it only overheats when i have passangers cus whenever im driving my my self it doesnt overheats and i would have the a/c on.

it might sence the extra weight :confused:

LR_TANK

Reaction score
I Checked the A/C fans and they dont spin at all, and yes the a/c is on. so i guess i have to change this fans. does anyone how hard is it to change them cus i dont mind changing them my self but if i have to remove i rather take it somewhere. thank for all the help

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First add direct 12volts to the fans to see if they spin up... if they do, then it may be a sensor... if not, then you have found you problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99