Hi from Minnesoooota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troianii

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum (obviously). A short bit about me: I grew up in Maine, went into the Navy at 19, got out at 23, and having been going to a private prestigious college (at least locally prestigious) in Minnesota ever since. A while back I thought I had my "forever car", it was a 2006 Honda Element. I like it because it was decent mileage, low maintenance (to include cleaning - all you need is a hose, inside and out), very spacious, and was okay for off-roading and trips. I never tried mudding with it, nor would, but the thing was a beast, and could handle the snow and just about anything else without issue. But a few weeks ago I discovered it's achilles heel was black ice, and it was totaled. It was still running. The front crumpled, but quite literally nothing stopped working. Lights were all still good, engine was running, etc., it was just body damage and airbags. :(

But now I'm looking for another car, and I'm thinking I'd like an old Land Rover, probably early 2000s. I've contacted a few people with cars listed online, but everyone seems to be asking too much and way too stiff on the prices. I've been using Edmund's True Market Value tool (it's supposed to gather what cars have actually been selling for), and I couldn't get anyone to get even close to the TMV. Does anyone know the market values for these cars well, or if Edmund's tool is accurate on Land Rovers?

Also, if anyone has any general tips on how to keep Land Rovers running and save money on maintenance and repairs (I'll probably get a Discovery, but I'm not set on it yet), that would be much appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here on the forum... don't believe Edmunds has a clue...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635