Hi from southern Utah.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green93

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and am in need of some help with my 93 classic. The speedometer works and then doesnt work. I have replaced the transducer with a new one from Atlantic British and still speedo sometimes works and doesn't. The cable from t-case looks good. Used a drill to spin the cable and speedo still doesn't work. Sometimes it will work for days and sometimes for a few miniutes and sometimes not for weeks. Any help or advice would be great.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... I would suggest a new speedo if you have already done the transducer.

green93

Reaction score
Is there a way to test the speedo before I assume it is faulty?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the 93 have a cable or electronic speed'o'

if cable... and you spin the cable and nothing happens, I would say either bad cable or speed o, if electronic then could be a wiring issue.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If electronic and you have replaced the VSS, then I would check the wiring, it could be grounding out.

green93

Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the rover manuals, it gave the information to find the $12.95 "speed buffer" (relay in drivers side kick panel) that was faulty. Glad I didn't dump $400.00 for a new speedometer. Thanks again.

hfolkes

Reaction score
blue tooth & radio integation

I successfuly integrated my phone with my LR3 bluetooth and I can now make and answer calls. When I do so the phone oversides the radio so I can communicate with the caller ten switch back to the dio when I hang up the phone. Great feature. Problem is after car bluetooth pick up the call I cannot deactivate my car bluetoth to switch back to my hand set in order to listen to the radio at the same time. I have to totally hang up the hand set. How do I swithch between my car bluetooth and hand set without hanging up on the caller:stupid?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635