Highcountry Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked at them They look like a good slider but I don't think they are as strong.
They don't look as good as the rover specialties to me. Highcountry carries a sweet bracket to help get the compressor up out of the way some. It is on my to get list.
but for the money it looks like it will do the job

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the advantage to the rover specialties sliders compared to the high country off road ones is the RS sliders extent to the frame rail protecting the compressor and tank. which eliminates the need for that nifty bracket. in my opinion i'd save up and get the RS sliders instead of saving the money on the high country ones. the RS are stronger and offer much more protection and in my opinion look better. Either choice is better than nothing though for sure.

My .02

Noah

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the advantage to the rover specialties sliders compared to the high country off road ones is the RS sliders extent to the frame rail protecting the compressor and tank. which eliminates the need for that nifty bracket. in my opinion i'd save up and get the RS sliders instead of saving the money on the high country ones. the RS are stronger and offer much more protection and in my opinion look better. Either choice is better than nothing though for sure.

My .02

Noah
I agree, except for the part about not needing the bracket with the RS sliders. My
driver's side slider got pushed-bent upwards ever so slightly. What happened was
my compressor was viabrating up against the extention plate causing a horrible
noise. When it kicked on it just reverbed through the whole cabin. The HCO bracket
fixed this problem.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeap, on this forum JimBiriam has them. They are good. Way beefier than the Rasta "sill protectors", but they don't protect the compressor/tank assembly like the RoverSpecialties sliders do. They just the undersides of the doors.

High Country makes decent stuff and I am glad to have them working on LR3 accessories!

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, except for the part about not needing the bracket with the RS sliders. My
driver's side slider got pushed-bent upwards ever so slightly. What happened was
my compressor was viabrating up against the extention plate causing a horrible
noise. When it kicked on it just reverbed through the whole cabin. The HCO bracket
fixed this problem.

duckdive, which version of the RS sliders were you using 1, or 2/3?
Nathan you have extensive experience with the RS sliders, do all versions "protect" the compressor and tank?
Gracias!
Charles

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duckdive, which version of the RS sliders were you using 1, or 2/3?
Nathan you have extensive experience with the RS sliders, do all versions "protect" the compressor and tank?
Gracias!
Charles

DuckDive has Stage 2 sliders I think. Yes, all RS sliders have the full under body skid pan and door sill protection plate, as shown in the photo below. The only differences between versions available is the differences in the standoff tubes

Sliders-Stage1-02.gif

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that pic says it all. Thanks for sharring!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim's took a pretty good hit on Poughkeepsie last August and came out all right. So they are respectable. But as has been said, you get what you pay for. The RS ones offer a lot more protection.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the HCO sliders; that's my black LR3 in his pictures. They have been quite tough for everything that I've done. As others have noted, one real difference between the HCO sliders and the RS ones is the additional coverage that the RS ones provide in the compressor area.

I haven't seen the RS sliders in person, but I suspect they sit lower on the vehicle than the HCO sliders in order to cover the compressor in the stock position. I think if you combine the HCO sliders with the HCO compressor bracket to move the compressor up higher you end up with more ground clearance in that area. This is just a guess since I haven't seen the RS skids, if someone knows either way for sure please post.

Also, if you combine the HCO sliders with their skids, in the end you get more coverage than the RS sliders alone - HCO has some really stout tcase and gas tank skids. We've actually jacked the LR3 up on the tcase skid. Of course you can add the Rasta skids to the RS sliders, but I prefer the HCO skids to the Rasta ones.

Here are some pics of the HCO gas tank and tcase skids to see how they work with the sliders. If people want more/different pics let me know.

http://grendel.smugmug.com/gallery/6013404_bqJNP#376008378_9GiNc

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4