Hitch Receiver Parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... You are probably looking at $300+ for a used oem hitch. I don't think internal parts are available for oem hitches...

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing as well. I can find them on ebay for about $350 when you include shipping.

Well, if you hear of anyone selling an old one, post it here! I'd even take a beat up one cheap just to recycle the parts.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't specify what year your stuff is, but they did change the hitches at some point to make them hang a little higher and ,I think, mount a little easier...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't specify what year your stuff is, but they did change the hitches at some point to make them hang a little higher and ,I think, mount a little easier...

Uh oh...didn't know that. I thought they only chanced the key/handle.

Mine is 2005, so it is the first version of everything.

If I buy one of the newer ones on Ebay, will it fit my truck?

I think that's what I'll have to do as I'm not turning up any parts, but still have to ask the dealer.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the new hitch will fit the older trucks. You could go to the dealer and try a new one on your truck. I think they just made it a little shorter and changed the shape of the mount a little.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb122 -

You cannot order individual parts for the hitch receiver, aside from the handle/lock assembly. I had the same problem with mine (something inside seized, and I completely disassembled it), and when I asked at 2 different dealers, I was told that the only option was to order a complete new hitch. Land Rover ended up replacing mine for free (no clue how we managed to pull that one off!).

In regards to your question about the newer, revised hitch fitting your vehicle, it definitely will. I have one of the new style ones now, and its much easier to fit/remove and doesn't hang down nearly as far.

Paul

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul, thanks much for the info! You saved me a trip to the dealer, as I didn't think I'd be able to describe this over the phone.

I'll give it one more try to get the big gear out and if not, will look for a used hitch online.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA