Hotttt!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

John,
I may have to give that a try next time also, I guess I have heard too many bad stories about cleaning it. Good posting.
Mike J.

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, your advice to be cautious with the MAF is excellent advice that should be followed religiously. It seems that there are millions of cleaners out there. Just go to Auto Zone, they dedicate an entire wall to the crap. Never, never, never use something that you are not familiar with! MAFs run in $600+ range new and I would be madder than a 3-legged dog trying to bury a **** on a frozen pond if I sprayed it with something that destroyed a $600 part. I just wanted to sneak in this thread and share my experience with a particular cleaner on the MAF.

Yep, ties are good to have too. Cant forget the vice grips or Louisiana Hot Sauce either!

D

discomike

John,
That 3 legged dog would make quite a picture.
Take care,
Mike J.

W

w00ht

Something else to think of is to use some compressed air to clean out the MAF. I'm not saying to run it at 125 psi like you'd run your impact gun or nailer, but turn the reg down to around 40 psi or so. Pre cleaning like this will remove a lot of the build up without needing as much solvent to finish up. Also spend the extra 3 bucks and buy electrical parts cleaner vice brake cleaner. Brake parts cleaner can be far more corrosive to delicate circuitry than something that is designed for electrical and electronic parts, as BPC is designed to remove brake dust etc.

Come to think of it, can't brake parts cleaner leave a slight film that would normally be worn through instantly in the brake system? I mean if something were coating the wire inside the MAF then it couldn't meter the airflow rendering the MAF inop right? Just a thought.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM