How 2 replace suspension compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vermouth

Reaction score
Very handy link. Thanks for that. Good luck with your compressor and please let us know how you make out.

reddog11_1

Reaction score
Okay so the easy way to tell you to replace the compressor is to find the compressor housing which i located near the left rear tire as you face the rear of the lr3. its housed in a plastic covering it has 3 screw/bolts and like 5 plastic clips. So remove those. once you have done this the compressor will be exposed. you need to disconnect the 2 wire harnesses and the 3 air hoses. you need to disconect the 2 toward the rear by pressing in on the rings and pulling out on the hoses. (If you have air in the tube it could shot air out so wear protective gear and do at your own risk) once you have removed those you need to remove the one on the bottom facing toward the engine with the same process as the two in the rear. Next there are 3 bolts that hold the housing of the compressor to the frame of the car. Remove those each are 10mm bolts. The hardest to remove is the top bolt your inclined you will do it. once its all removed and you have the compressor and the housing unit off there will be 3 torx screws size 25 to remove. Remove these and make sure the rubber pieces that are on the old compressor make it to the new one. Before installing new compressor you have to remove the one hard plug (the one that will face the front of the LR3*(very important you new compressor has air in it, i almost shot my self, so use caution when removing this plug it shot to god knows where and hit my thumb too and it hurt like hell). Once removed install in reverse order. after that my lights whent off and the car went back to normal hope this helps out others.

red

reddog11_1

Reaction score
lr3 compressor suspension

instructions for replacing the compressor is on the last posting.

I have the online book to replace the suspension compressor but it says i need to depressurize the system using a t4 thing, thats the only thing i dont know about. I think its like an obd adapter thing for a diagnostics machine but not sure. if anyone know about this please give me a hand I brought my lr3 to the dealer and they said i needed a new compresor at 1200 total. I like to work on cars and i can get the compressor for 250 so thats a big difference. thanks for any help you all can give.

reddog11_1

Reaction score
compressor location

It is located infront of the drivers side rear tire. It is hidden in a little plastic box just like everything land rover... I think its about one foot toward the front of the truck from the rear left tire. If memory serves me right its only 3 clips to take off the plastic cover which conceals the compressor and cables. Hope this helps be safe while working with these parts!

DJ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge