HVAC lights not illuminating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

Talon2Discovery

Hey everyone. The only lights on my dash that aren't working in my 97 Discovery are the heater lights. Is there a specific fuse for these lights (I have the manual and checked all the obvious fuses). I'm stumped!.

Another thing not working, don't think it's related though, is the rear power windows don't work. I'll be checking soldering on the circuit board under the glove box in the next week, just thought I would mention this problem incase it was related to the one above.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the heater lights are on a 97, Jeff. Could you post a picture or describe where on the dash the lights are that aren't turning on?

Also, there is a great fix on another site about repairing the soldering on the rear window ECU. I cannot see how the two problems are related.

rancholapalma

Reaction score
hvac bulbs

hi jeff,
it is really easy, just pull the hvac knobs out. and you'll see some screws (maybe 1 only?, i forgot) take it out, and the hvac frame panel will come off. And then you'll see the bulb, just replace it. I think it is only one for all the hvac panel.

david.

T

Talon2Discovery

Thanks. Took the panel off only to find a broken light bulb. I don't have much to go on now except the end of the light that was in the black socket. I'm sure these little bulbs can be found at any hardware or auto store right? Anyone know the size? TIA.

Jeff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4