If you have the Heated Windscreen...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... let me ask you a question. Is there a way to set how long the heated windscreen stays on? I noticed when I push the "Program" button it turns on the heated windscreen and rear defrosters. The front one turns off after aobut 10min or so and the rear stays on about 25 min.

If you have any idea's let me know!

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know.. but i suspect the amount of time it stays on is temperature related. i noticed that when it was -8 here in colorado a week back, it stayed on much longer than when it is 32ish.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be right! I used it on Saturday and Sunday but it was around 27 or so. Supposed to be 15 or so for a high tomorrow. I will have to turn it on and see! Thanks for the idea!

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best feature on any car I've ever had, BTW. If mine had a heated steering wheel, I'd forgive all it's other faults.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first looked at a Land Rover over the Summer the salesman said that it's timed so that it doesn't burn out the wires and such. It's apparently a big drain on the electrical system so they limit the time it operates. That said, I think I've seen a variation in its time on depending on the temperature. To defog the interior I just run the blower for a while to dry things out. It helps to not do so much heavy breathing too! :)
Just my observations on the windshield de-icing system.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works great, but I too wish it stayed on longer. In some weather situations I'll find that the windshield will immediately begin to fog/ice when the heater shuts off. (blizzard driving) Be nice if it stayed on longer...

Big_Mark

Reaction score
If you want it to stay on just turn it on.
I have the Automatic button, a Front Window Heater button and a rear window heater button, don't you?

ubp_sanity

Reaction score
I don't understand the timing at all. I wouldn't even say it's temperature related. I've had it where I start the car, turn on both defrosters, then go out and clean the snow and ice off the car, and the front defroster has turned off already. And other times I'm 1/2 hour into a drive and it's still on.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think if you use the "program setting" its time shorter due to the blast of air at the windshield (aka defroster). but if you just use the button by itself, it may stay on longer. this am it was really cold here and the heated windshield stayed on for all 15 minutes of my commute.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want it to stay on just turn it on.
I have the Automatic button, a Front Window Heater button and a rear window heater button, don't you?

Yeah, but even when you push the button it doesn't stay on for very long (in my case).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM