I'm one of you now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

It's pretty funny, I usually wave to Rovers I see on the road, only the non soccer moms wave back ;)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

It's pretty funny, I usually wave to Rovers I see on the road, only the non soccer moms wave back ;)
That happens here in the SF Bay area. I don't typically wave to other Discovery folks unless it looks a bit modified or they wave to me. There are so many Land Rovers (especially Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports) around here and most of them wouldn't wave back to me anyway. LOL.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happens here in the SF Bay area. I don't typically wave to other Discovery folks unless it looks a bit modified or they wave to me. There are so many Land Rovers (especially Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports) around here and most of them wouldn't wave back to me anyway. LOL.

LOL!

David, take a trek through Presidio Heights and Laurel Heights here in the city, you'll see a ridiculous amount of Rovers.

When I was shopping, I would drive over there to gawk because it's as good as going to a dealership. Many colors to choose from. haha

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL!

David, take a trek through Presidio Heights and Laurel Heights here in the city, you'll see a ridiculous amount of Rovers.

When I was shopping, I would drive over there to gawk because it's as good as going to a dealership. Many colors to choose from. haha
Haha! That would be I actually have to go to the city - yuck!!!

I know what you mean, last time I drove over the near Presidio Heights and Sea Cliff area, it was full of Range Rovers. On the very rear occasion I drive near the Mission, I have to resist running people over. ;-)

There are also tons of Range Rovers around here in Atherton.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of them here in Dallas for some reason; strange since there is no weather or mountain trails to warrant such a truck.... I guess everyone has in-laws?

LR of Frisco is a good dealer. Fred in the service department is great to work with.

As far as trails, you should join the North Texas Rovers to get plugged into the local trails in north texas. There is one west of forth worth but most of us have gone to Barnwell Mountains as those trails are maintained by the club too. Austin has Marble Falls, which is also nice but there aren't as many off road parks or public land like there are in Colorado, California...etc.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats I just picked my '11 LUX up this past Friday!

AceRider

Reaction score
...you should join the North Texas Rovers to get plugged into the local trails in north texas....

I'm sort of torn - I desperately want to take this thing off road, but I'm afraid since it's new and don't want to scratch it up. Oh well, I suppose it's inevitable.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sort of torn - I desperately want to take this thing off road, but I'm afraid since it's new and don't want to scratch it up. Oh well, I suppose it's inevitable.
Hey AceRider,

I know exactly what you mean - I felt the same way. You just need to find a place that is well marked as far as difficulty of trails and it also helps to go with a group who knows that you want to take it very easy. I have been off roading a bunch of times and never had any issues, but I am pretty clear with others (and myself) that I have limits and don't care to do anything crazy.

I am sure if you went with a local Land Rover group they will guide you in the right direction.

-David

AceRider

Reaction score
Congrats I just picked my '11 LUX up this past Friday!

Congrats to you! I saw earlier and thought you got an incredible deal.

I go see my car a few times a day; look for excuses like needing some gum or wanting to put my lunch container away, so I have to go down to the car and admire it.

Lame, I know; but every time I see it I think "badass vehicle."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99