I'm one of you now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceRider

Reaction score
Bought a 2012 CPO LR4 HSE in Frisco,TX last Monday; 12k miles, dealer loaner, Orkney Grey with Ebony interior and cool dark grey badges (we don' need no stinkin' badges). I considered new, but the warranty of 6yrs/100k on the CBO sold me.

I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN' THING! I liked my last car, enjoy my wife's car, but neither make me excited to come to work every day like the LR4.

We needed a third row of seats for frequent and very long grandparent visits and considered the Infiniti JX and looked at just about every car with a third row. Most of them are either totally unusuable or totally inaccessible, with the exception of the brilliant JX (which is nice, but uninspiring) and the Mercedes GL (way too expensive). So after two weeks of doing nothing at work but researching prices, reliability, mileage, etc. I had enough and just went and got it. No regrets.

This thing is a BEAST. Cars that I always thought were large before now seem tiny. I love the power, although I drive it very sedately since the average MPG has me obsessed, it feels so big, and I still have all of the closing paperwork on the seat which slides off if I get to spirited.

I got a ride on the test track and must admit that I almost had heart failure on the 39 degree side slope at the end. It seriously felt like there was no way the car could stay upright. The salesperson told me that no matter how many times he goes up there, even he still feels nervous at that section.

Annoyed at no memory seats, don't like the virtual CD changer, and have an indicator light for side lamps on whenever my headlights come on (I don't have any side lamps as far as I can tell, so I don't know why this light comes on), but I'll have that fixed next week.

That's my story.

AceRider

Reaction score
I am a motorcycle rider (well, used to be before the kid) and find that old urge to wave is coming back, except now I want to wave at LR4s. Does the shake involve spitting in your hand or something?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a motorcycle rider (well, used to be before the kid) and find that old urge to wave is coming back, except now I want to wave at LR4s. Does the shake involve spitting in your hand or something?

I see very few rovers in Iowa, so when I see one they (and I) usually do wave.

AceRider

Reaction score
Lots of them here in Dallas for some reason; strange since there is no weather or mountain trails to warrant such a truck.... I guess everyone has in-laws?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, AceRider!

Welcome. Can't wait to see photos of your new LR4.

We are a friendly and helpful bunch here.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and sounds like a superb example. The LR4 cannot be beat on the market. There is nothing to compare... the Land Rovers are superior. And the LR4 is such a great value. It's way better than the ML and X5 and pretty much anything else that's considered in its class. I had that same feeling when I got my LR4. It was the first car in a very long time that I looked forward to driving everyday.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's way better than the ML and X5 and pretty much anything else that's considered in its class.

I had an ML350 for 2 years and was completely shocked when I switched over to the LR4 - way better everything. The ML was just so damn boring. I am just not a fan of the X5.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112