Need help with replacement of low pressure fuel line!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tcclark14

Reaction score
I randomly had a major fuel leak last week. At first I thought it was the HPL (high pressure line) off the fuel pump. After some investigation I found that it was the low pressure line. I have the truck jacked up and the passenger side wheel taken off. I removed all the fender liner and heat shields and can sit it some.

Does anyone have any other pointers to get this thing out easier? Some kind of tutorial?
Thanks in advance…

Attachments

• IMG_35FBEFFAD593-1.jpeg
    IMG_35FBEFFAD593-1.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_E54493526E34-1.jpeg
    IMG_E54493526E34-1.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 17

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I seriously just did this not too long ago where the plastic quick disconnect disintegrated. To get access from up top, I removed the battery and box around it. For access underneath, I removed the skid plates (if you have any).

I didn't want to buy a replacement hose #6 in the second picture and have to deal with plastic parts disintegrating again. I ended up using 5/16" ID Gates fuel line, 5/16" brass barb union, and 1/2" spring clamps. I removed the plastic quick disconnect and rubber fuel line from #6 down to the 3 way union near the transmission, you'll see when you pull it out. Then plugged and clamped the barb union into the rubber hose of #6 to the new 5/16 fuel line hose, and the other end of the hose into the 3 way union.

Been running fine for the past couple of months.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72