Interesting Overland setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a separate bluetooth dongle in your first picture?

It is. I think they came out with the one you have soon after I bought mine. The older one required a separate module. Seems to work great. It gets good range.

Having the panel separate means you can get optimal angle and power. I just don't like messing with it at camp, so I normally try to park facing the sun down and then I can angle my panel because it is on gas struts and hinges. The gas struts hold it down too, so no latches are needed.

IMG_20180614_160446-XL.jpg

IMG_20180614_160440-XL.jpg

930dreamer

Reaction score
I couldn't deal with having my rear hitch on or anything in it while on a trail. That thing would get hung up so badly on stuff. The stock rear bumper gets torn off pretty easy anyway if you do anything tough off road.

I also don't see how that could hold up on rough roads. It needs more than one point of connection. That is a large load on the end of a lever being moved around. I guess people will learn the hard way. * shrug *

@RobRover88 The U.S. doesn't really have restrictions on bullbars at all. Which is why you see most people with plate and tube bumpers that are just built by random shops with zero engineering knowledge. Australia has laws and regulations which I suppose some people would see as bad, but in this case it drove companies like ARB to actually design quality bumpers that work, yet are not dangerous to have on a vehicle. That is why I shipped an ARB Summit bar over for my LR4. My rear bumper is from Tactical 4x4 and is very solid kit. I've never so much as heard it squeak at me on horrible roads.

Screen%20Shot%202019-09-10%20at%201.59.52%20PM-XL.png

IMG_0002-XL.jpg

I fully agree with the Tactical 4X4 rear bar, spare-tire and jerry can carrier option. Mine has taken a beating with lots of weight (tire, 4 maxtrax, two jerry cans full of fuel) and performed flawlessly. Straightforward install as well.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is slick with the struts.

I went with a soft backed folding portable panel. I have it set up where I can drape it off the roof in whatever direction the sun is shining from. I have the connection cord routed through the grille and enough wire where it can be draped off of any side of the truck. When not in use, it folds up and rides above the rifle rack I have above the second row of seats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi