Interesting way to access the Extra, EXTRA level!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to blow my own horn but this does work! Just tried it in the garage. The only issue I see is you cannot get back to Extended Level without your block of wood... Hummmm.

It is good to see how the Landy's suspension works! Pretty cool!

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I've bottomed out before in a marsh I was driving through one time and I got put into the super mode. I figured that was how it worked. If only there was a practical way to access it other than carry around a wood block I suppose.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You answered my next question Angasreid! I was wondering if anyone had experienced this feature. Looks like you did! I won't be carrying around a block of wood but it is neat to see how it works!

Trynian

Reaction score
We have been doing this for years and have posted on here and the other forums. Actually it ends up not being very pratical as the car will drop out of extended mode as soon as go 8 mpg so you have to jump in out of the car alot to do it this way.

What we end up doing most of the time since we have sliders is when we start over a rock or obstacle we drop out of offroad to make contact and that causes extended mode.

As for hacking the software you can just recalibrate the suspension to a higher setting on the fly with a faultmate computer so no real revelation there.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trynian! The FaultMate again! Maybe I should just get one... Hummmm.......

Trynian

Reaction score
Thanks Trynian! The FaultMate again! Maybe I should just get one... Hummmm.......

It is a great tool if you can justify spending the money on it. I love having it, it has opened up a whole new world of understanding how the sytems in the car work.

And it is just plain fun to tinker with. :biggrin:

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have found it is about $700 plus! Hummmm. Another computer or tires!!!

Trynian

Reaction score
From what I have found it is about $700 plus! Hummmm. Another computer or tires!!!

For the hardware and single vehicle LR3 software license it ran about $1250 including $91 to ship to CA U.S. and a 3% CC surcharge of $38. But you can switch it to another LR for a small admin fee if you get a new one or want to sell it.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the hardware and single vehicle LR3 software license it ran about $1250 including $91 to ship to CA U.S. and a 3% CC surcharge of $38. But you can switch it to another LR for a small admin fee if you get a new one or want to sell it.

I was going to ask what the typical cost was since I have not converted the Euro prices from BlackBox's website. $1200 :frown: Will have to think about it! Great device!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo