intermittant suspension collapse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

roverover

99 4.0s I been having the EAS light pop up about every three months or so for the last year. No big deal, cycle the key, all gone, suspension never went down or showed any signs of leaks. Then about a month ago my newer batt went dead and performing an amp draw tst I found a strange 500mah draw that would come on for a min then go off for 3mins all the time while the car was parked. Put a new batt, no probs since. But then the suspension failed to hard fault and fell to the bump stops. I refilled all the bags by pinnig out the harness and manually activating the valves and compressor, unplugged everything to seal all the valves, and no leaks at all. I lost a total of 3/8 of an inch in one wheel in three days, the tank was still full and so on. Removed all the wheel level sensors, checked sweep resistance, and cleaned internally.Now here is where it gets weird, plugged the ecu back in,hard fault went away(max35mph) and it regulates itself while all lvl lights are on. But every time(on freeway)I hit a good bump or dip the systm goes to bumpstop,max35mph,then about 1/2 mile later,back up to norml height!!

T

tony

Similar suspension problem

Your way over my non-mechanical head, however I am having a similar problem. I am selling my 95 Range Rover County LWB. The potential buyer took it to our local import guy for a $50 check out before buying. For the past several months the rover suspensioni didn't want to lower to the low setting. When I went to pick it up the rover was sitting real low, first time in months. I am not terribly familiar, however did some sensors tell the unit to drop down ? The major problem now is that the rear of the vehicle will come up, however the front will not. I believe your message mentioned bump stops. That is what it feels like is going on in front when I drive it.

Your message also mentioned a dead battery. I let mine go totally dead two different times. Would a simple new battery help my problem.

Many thanks from a rookie!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635