It's here, now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, we all have such terrible opinions about Landrover reliability, engineering, and not to mention Joseph Lucas' contribution to the legacy, yet we continue to love them. Not sure what it is but that green oval remains true in our hearts.
Regarding reliability, my 3 with 230,000 plus miles on it is now more reliable that it was new. Given that the body and interior are still good, that is probably why I will have it for a few more years yet.

Re the new Discovery, there is always hope the refresh in 2 years will resolve the interior size concerns. I kind of think the 130 may be that opportunity.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pretty decent vid showing it's capability in the real world in the US:

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a couple of things bothered me - the Jeep trail breaker out front and the Toyota recovery vehicle picking up the rear.

I suppose this 110 is the "executive driven by the wife" demonstrator as well.

When the test vehicle does not get dirty, it sort of bothers me as well.

I understand that we are not supposed to compare the the new Defender to our 3's and 4's or maybe even the old Defender - probably a good idea - the young will never know.

Last edited:

Preetsarai

Reaction score
P300 vs P400

Has anyone test driven the P300 engine option? I have a 2010 LR4 HSE with 90k miles. Planning to order the Defender. I test drove the P400 and loved it. They didn’t have the P300 so didn’t get to drive that.

just wondering if someone was able to compare the two engine options? Wanted to know if the P300 has adequate grunt and how it compares to the LR4 V8?

the price difference between a P300 S and P400 SE with similar options is about $9000. Debating if it’s worth the jump - for the bigger engine, premium LED DRLs, electronically adjustable steering wheel and 20” rims.

P300 has the 18” wheel option that I like, but sadly it’s not available on the P400 due to the bigger brakes.

Preetsarai

Reaction score
Here’s some more details on the various features (see attached PDF) — got this from the dealer.

For the Offroad tires option ($350 extra), you get the Goodyear Wrangler All-terrains. Sadly it cannot be optioned with the Goodyear DuraTrac’s (which is the only approved after-market option by LR). So your local dealer may be able to swap them for you for an extra cost.

Attachments

• 4372_001.pdf
    340.3 KB · Views: 54

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 litres is 183 cubic inches.
2 litres is 122 cubic inches.

GM had a 292 (4.8L) straight six that had alot of torque; was in many seventies pickups and the like.

Maybe the 130 will have our 4.4L V8. (268 cubic inches).

The GM 283 V8 (4.6L) was a pretty good engine as well.

I appreciated the spec sheet - good to see something other than "looks good".

It would be nice to see all 50 pages.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s some more details on the various features (see attached PDF) — got this from the dealer.

For the Offroad tires option ($350 extra), you get the Goodyear Wrangler All-terrains. Sadly it cannot be optioned with the Goodyear DuraTrac’s (which is the only approved after-market option by LR). So your local dealer may be able to swap them for you for an extra cost.

That's the first I've seen of that sheet on tires. I told our LR store that I wasn't going to use their tires so we didn't discuss it much after. I'm planning on putting some BFG AT K02s on

Preetsarai

Reaction score
That's the first I've seen of that sheet on tires. I told our LR store that I wasn't going to use their tires so we didn't discuss it much after. I'm planning on putting some BFG AT K02s on

That makes total sense. There’s no point paying $350 extra for the Offroad tyres (i.e. Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrains), if you want a more aggressive tire.

Preetsarai

Reaction score
Just wanted to highlight some differences between the P300 S and P400 SE variants...

If anyone is planning to go for the P300, the 12-way heated semi-powered front seats slide manually. Even the steering column is manually adjusted. If you want more creature comforts, you have to upgrade to the P400 SE.

Here’s a video I got from the dealer on the “semi-powered” seats.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the drivers seat on my work pickup is about the same - I have power back and forth and manual recline, but similar anyway.

The good news is it is truly a Defender - looks like I can still rip the back of my pant leg on the seat track getting in or out - true heritage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA