Just received my notice to put my deposit down on a Grenadier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have any updates on the Grenadier?

Wondering if it's a worthy flip? Think I am number 400 and some on the US deposit list.
maybe. buy it taxed and then flip it after the retail sale to you? probably clear $10k or so. if you spec out a liked color and all options.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe. buy it taxed and then flip it after the retail sale to you? probably clear $10k or so. if you spec out a liked color and all options.
Yeah, our Ford Mach E GT is due to arrive the first week in July and we are keeping the LR4 for now. If my wife likes it, we'll sell the LR4 this fall and order the new Mercedes EQB and flip the MME when it comes it. So, if that happens, then I'll likely just order/keep the grenadier for our lake house. If not, I don't know what I am going to do. Whether it has the potential to be a high dollar flip is the open question.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, our Ford Mach E GT is due to arrive the first week in July and we are keeping the LR4 for now. If my wife likes it, we'll sell the LR4 this fall and order the new Mercedes EQB and flip the MME when it comes it. So, if that happens, then I'll likely just order/keep the grenadier for our lake house. If not, I don't know what I am going to do. Whether it has the potential to be a high dollar flip is the open question.
Doesn’t have the brand cachet yet to be a high demand like a g wagon or something. It might be a low dollar flip IMHO. Rivian is probably a higher demand flip. Lots of electric pent up demand. Less so for gassers. I have both on order. And a cyber truck. We will see what I finalize and keep. Not sure as well. We will drive the grenadier in the fall. That will say something. I drove the rivian r1t. They brought it to my house. That was fun.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t have the brand cachet yet to be a high demand like a g wagon or something. It might be a low dollar flip IMHO. Rivian is probably a higher demand flip. Lots of electric pent up demand. Less so for gassers. I have both on order. And a cyber truck. We will see what I finalize and keep. Not sure as well. We will drive the grenadier in the fall. That will say something. I drove the rivian r1t. They brought it to my house. That was fun.
As long as the BEV gravy train continues (tax credits), I think I just order a new one as soon as the one I have on order comes in. Ford will exhaust their tax credit soon, by MB won't. So, we will likely BEV hop every year until it goes away.

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on when this will be sold? I did cancel my order, but I’m wondering when they will actually be delivered 2024?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that pricing hasn't even been released for the U.S. market has me thinking they won't be available until mid 2023 at the earliest.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am reading that ordering is open in AUS. IIRC, US pricing is scheduled for q4 22. I am still holding a reserved spot, so we'll see what the economics of 2022 brings. I have a MachE being delivered in a few weeks and we are ordering a Ford Maverick hybrid for my daily driver when order banks reopen so I don't have to DD my F350 diesel any more, so the stable is looking pretty full in the next year.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no word on Grenadier availability yet. It's looking less likely that i go through with my grenadier order. Just picked up a model S plaid. Rivian seems likely to get here before the Grenadier. Not sure i need all of them. There may be a white HD Lr4 up for sale at some point when one of the SUV's pops.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Production started last week with number 1 rolling off the line I think it was Tuesday. I think given the global supply chain they have done a hell of a job to get this far at this point. My son works for VW in a plant that's been building cars for years and they shut down a couple times a month because they don't have parts. And now they're cranking out the ID4 and struggling for parts for that as well. I still will have to drive one before I would buy it.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just submitted my preorder. $82k. Anyone else?

1688085901869.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick