Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panerai

Reaction score
Does anybody know if it is possible to have a beep or horn sound when you lock the doors with the key fob.
I would also like to disable to mirror fold when you lock the doors.
Is this something that i can do with a cable and reprograming the software or does the dealer have to do it.
I hate not being able to "hear" a confirmation when I lock the doors!
thanks in advance for any help
PS. i have a 2012 HSE LUX with xm and vision asist.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can do both but the dealer needs to program it.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also like to disable to mirror fold when you lock the doors.

As far as I know that can be done by you. It came disabled by default, and then I enabled it accidently while playing with options - it is in the manual actually - you need to hit those mirror adjustment buttons certain way...

Panerai

Reaction score
Thank for your reply. Can you be a little more specific about how to change the settings?
Thank you In advance

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I wanted to look smart, and I opened the manual to refer you to the page - it says go to dealer..! strange. I swear I did not have it folding on lock when I got the car (or I was too excited and did not notice, but I did notice that it STARTED doing it after I did fold it a fiew times by pressing those buttons). I will dig into it, but I am not so sure anymore.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be very interested to learn how rostov activated the feature, as I have asked 3 Land Rover dealers and LRNA and all have told me that the only way to activate the feature is to bring it to the dealer to be programmed.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For activating the audible lock/unlock confirmation and deactivating the auto mirror fold, you need to take it to the dealer...

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be very interested to learn how rostov activated the feature, as I have asked 3 Land Rover dealers and LRNA and all have told me that the only way to activate the feature is to bring it to the dealer to be programmed.

I would be now too! :) I tried all different tricks yesterday - no luck.

And I am either crazy, or… I remember that after it “started” doing it, I decided to turn it off soon in case of snow… I am confused.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be now too! :) I tried all different tricks yesterday - no luck.

And I am either crazy, or… I remember that after it “started” doing it, I decided to turn it off soon in case of snow… I am confused.

vehicles with this feature come preactivated from the dealer. You need the dealer to deactivate it. Rostov, I can almost guarantee you that yours came preactivated and you may have not realized it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink