Door is acting strange when i open it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I don't have the key in my hand, the unlocked door opens normally. With the key, It acts as if the car is locked, something clicks in the door and the blinkers blink. Even if the door is open, if I pull on the handle again, I can hear the mechanism in the door clicking and the blinkers blink. Last night I saw a fault with the GAP tool, I don't remember what it said but it was something about communication fault with the key. I cleared the code and all was well but it's doing it again today...with no fault.
Does anyone have any experience with this, and is there somewhere in the GAP menu I can do something, like reset communication with the key? It's not the end of the world, I just like it when things operate like they should, lol.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can program new keys (and probably re program an old one) but I’m not sure if this would help your issue. I’m also not sure if you need a good working key to program a new one.

Do you have another key fob to try?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, I thought I had typed a reply but it wasn't here. Normally if the car is locked and the key is outside next to the door , pulling the handle will *unlock* the door. Is the door actually *locking* when you pull it ? You're not pressing the lock button, right ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72