Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I bought a used 2005 LR3 from a Mercedes dealer in Houston, TX and they only had one key. I purchased another key and need it programmed and cut. Land Rover says that they can't cut the key for me, they said I need to order one from them. Does anyone know where in Houston I can get this key cut? I am currently looking at automotive locksmiths but I don't know if they do that. Thanks.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search on this forum. From what I've heard the key has to be purchased, cut and programmed by a LR dealer. That's what i had to do, $250 later. Bummer.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the keys are cut at the Factory. The dealer submits your VIN with an order for a new key. The dealer can program the key, but IIRCL only the factory can cut a new key. Things may have changed since I last looked into this though.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace a key that I accidentally threw away recently. Total cost was just under $400 for that little lesson.

+/- $300 for the key, then the $100 for programming both keys together to the truck. It took about 4 weeks to get the key, because I was told they were on back order at the time. I did get it though, and it works great.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace a key that I accidentally threw away recently. Total cost was just under $400 for that little lesson.

+/- $300 for the key, then the $100 for programming both keys together to the truck. It took about 4 weeks to get the key, because I was told they were on back order at the time. I did get it though, and it works great.
Ouch! Thanks for that info. I'll be more careful with mine now.

This is why I don't have it under the truck in a magnetic box! (they really need an affordable "valet key" for this thing)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4