Keyless 'REMOTE' programming [D1]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

disco1

Programming for 94 & 95 models.

if the handset button is pressed more than 4 times out of range, or the power interrupted by changing batteries, press the button 3 times within 5 seconds to re-sequence the handset with the vehicle's alarm system. If this does not work carry out the following instructions.
You will find this very difficult on your own.

1. Open the hood. Ignition off, doors unlocked, hood alarm switch depressed
with your finger.

2. Have a buddy sit behind the wheel and carry out instructions 3-9 within 8
seconds.

3. Switch ignition on.
4. Switch ignition off.
5. Lock doors (manually) by depressing door lock.
6. Unlock door manually.
7. Release hood switch.
8. Switch ignition on.
9. Switch ignition off.

If the alarm has been correctly accessed, the horn will sound and the LED alarm light at the console will light.

It is now possible to program two extra handsets of correct frequency to the vehicle's alarm ECU. This must be carried out within two minutes.

1. Press and hold down the button on the 1st handset until the dash
LED 'flashes'.

2. Press and hold down the button on the 2nd handset until the dash
LED 'flashes'.

The LED will extinguish if both handsets have been programmed correctly.

Good Luck!

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this work for all D1's, or just the earlier models?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only earlier models. 94 and 95 had a different central locking ECU than 1996-1999. I think the handset/fob for the 1994/95 only had one button, while the 1996+ had two.

D

disco1

The keyless programming method only works on the one button remotes.
For re-programming for the two button remotes, unfortunately it's a trip to your friendly "dealer".

BTW. I guess I should have posted the keyless remote program in the tech section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the perfect place to post! I will update the tech page in a few days. Thanks for the contribution.

J

JackUnion

I'll give you one for the (95 on) RR, put the key in the lock turn it to the lock position then keeping it in that position press the lock button, then turn it to the unlock postion and press the unlock button while still keeping the key in the unlock positon.
Sometimes you have to do this a few times to get it to work.
A usefull one for owners to know as I couldn't count how many people have towed their vehicle in to me just to have them drive out two mins later!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM