Land Rover –April Buying Opportunity Advice – Fuel Price Advantage!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With ICE WTI at 106.23 and ICE Brent at 117.08 today, and with little signs of speculation stopping anytime soon, April should be a great month to pick up a brand new Land Rover for those waiting on the side-lines.

This is a great opportunity for a buyer to use this to their advantage. You should see some significant discounts and/or have some very strong negotiating leverage/power at your disposal.

Gas guzzlers are going to be very hard for dealers to move for a while.

Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's oil report:

Nymex WTI Crude - 107.51
ICE WTI Crude - 107.49
ICE Brent Crude - 118.17

All climbing - US market closes 4 PM EST.

April is going to be a very inflationary month!

weingarm

Reaction score
I agree - I got my deal worked out in January on a pre-ordered 2011 LR4 LUX with Vision assist and RSE - MSRP $61,365.

Negotiated final price $57,865 including the rubber mat set (a $250 value).

So basically I got $3750 off MSRP. And remember, that was in JANUARY. I bet you could get most deals $4000-4500 off MSRP now, especially on vehicles sitting on dealer lots.

Since the current oil price rise seems to be driven by nothing but pure speculation at this point (not actual increased demand/decreased supply - at least not in the past 2-3 months), you would think the "bubble" will have to burst at some point.

Here's the new ride:

Last edited:

Nyclr4

Reaction score
I just bought an LR4 for $5K off invoice. It was the last day of Mar, that may had to something to do with it. The next lowest price was over $1+K higher

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last day of the month is always a great time to buy because a dealership wants to move before month roll over to save an interest payment on the vehicle unsold. They take loans for inventory, just like everyone else. Good move! :)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree - I got my deal worked out in January on a pre-ordered 2011 LR4 LUX with Vision assist and RSE - MSRP $61,365.

Negotiated final price $57,865 including the rubber mat set (a $250 value).

So basically I got $3750 off MSRP. And remember, that was in JANUARY. I bet you could get most deals $4000-4500 off MSRP now, especially on vehicles sitting on dealer lots.

Since the current oil price rise seems to be driven by nothing but pure speculation at this point (not actual increased demand/decreased supply - at least not in the past 2-3 months), you would think the "bubble" will have to burst at some point.

Here's the new ride:

Beautiful LR4! Prices might come down a little when BRENT rises above $120, that's when Saudi Arabia promises to increase output. But I think it would only bring it down a little bit. If we go into QE3, which is highly likely, and the Fed doesn't increase interest rates, we may see a dramatic increase. Both fuel and food. I guess we'll have to wait and see. As you noted, all of this is pure speculation on borrowed and very cheap money supply.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought an LR4 for $5K off invoice.

$5000 off invoice or MSRP?
$5K off invoice means it's like getting a near $10K off MSRP... near trade in value.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5000 off invoice or MSRP?
$5K off invoice means it's like getting a near $10K off MSRP... near trade in value.

I thought the same thing, I would be very surprised if this wasn't just a mistake in the terms the used. If not, he got the best deal I have heard of. :biggrin:

Rob

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe he paid dealer invoice? That would be an amazing deal!

buckeyeLR4

Reaction score
I sure would like to know more. I am trying to decide between a CG Summit and and HSE. If I can get close on the LR I am in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM