Land Rover / LR4 / HSE Lettering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

The last thing I would like to do to my LR4 is change the "Land Rover" / "LR4" / "HSE" bading to black; however, I do not care to spend much money. I got a quote from the body shop wanting almost $1,000 to do the letters (taping around them and painting them) - YEAH RIGHT!!!

I know there are some "Land Rover" and "HSE" black emblems around on eBay and the web, but I can't seem to find a kit like they have for the "Range Rover" emblems. I would be willing to take off my lettering and replace with the black, but I want to make sure I have a good template so I can replace them exactly as they are now.

I did speak to a few of you about this, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience, links to products, or help they can offer!

For now I will likely just PlastiDip, peel around it, and call it a day until I figure something out. This is the LAST thing I want to do to complete the black design look.

I did find this kit, in chrome, but I guess I could create a template and spray paint these to match my matte black:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...268&pid=100015&prg=1085&rk=1&sd=271138406030&

How hard is it to spray paint chrome???

I found these, which have a template, but need to find the "LR4" and "HSE" badging:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2573e8a477

Thanks so much!

-David

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would order a new set of badging (to get new adhesive, etc), sand with 200 grit or something to just rough it up, then use gloss/matte/whatever you want spray paint.. follow directions, watch a little youtube on technique, etc. Should't cost very much and will look as good as anything the body shop can do for you.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still debating on changing "LR4" to "DISCOVERY 4".

Did you think about changing to that?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still debating on changing "LR4" to "DISCOVERY 4".

Did you think about changing to that?
I can find plenty of "DISCOVERY 4" emblems, and I would love it, but I want to keep the LR4 badge in case I trade in my truck in the next few months.

I actually bought that set on eBay and will paint it myself. I plan to create a template using the existing placement of the letters and then use that to stick the letters back on.

Wish me luck! :) I really think it will look awesome in matte black to match the rest of my trim.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo