Land Rover - Made in India

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR pedigree is what piqued my interest towards the brand in the first place, as I really don't care about its off-road capabilities. Being manufactured in India is a definite turnoff for me, even though it very well may become a "better" vehicle as a result. I certainly don't see myself paying $80k next time around for something India-made, as nice as it might be. Nor do I care to see every Joe and Jane driving them around, if they lower the price enough to make it affordable for the masses with their entry-level models. Shame on the Brits for being so ack-basswards for not being able to maintain QC.

Seriously, if they start making RR's in India, I am moving to Mercedes

Why'd you buy in the first place? LR has been owned by an Indian company for over 2 years now.

I don't know what to take of this comment " I certainly don't see myself paying $80k next time around for something India-made, as nice as it might be."

Pure ignorance or simple racism! Either way I feel sorry for you.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why'd you buy in the first place? LR has been owned by an Indian company for over 2 years now.

I don't know what to take of this comment " I certainly don't see myself paying $80k next time around for something India-made, as nice as it might be."

I don't think uhur meant anything other than that paying such a massive amount of money for a car made in India would be hard to swallow. I don't think it's a racism thing at all... It's just buying something made in Germany, or made in Sweden, or made in the UK, has a long standing legacy and heritage associated to the development of industrialization knowhow and pride. There's nothing wrong with anything made in India or China for that matter. My wife's BMW was made in South Africa and it's been the most reliable and solid BMW we've ever owned. Anyway, interesting comment that's for sure. And for the record, I work with a ton of engineers from India and their work is absolutely outstanding - quality well above what you'd get here in the US or EU. And the reason for that is that established economies are complacent and have lost the internal drive to be the best at what they do. And that's why our economies are failing and will continue to do so.

Last edited:

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your kind words, sir, and good luck in your future endeavors....whatever it is that you are trying to accomplish here!:albertein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM