Land Tow Receiver Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

Freeflytim

Ive got some stuff from this outfit and got it promptly. Id order from them again.

You'll still need the harness which I think is $100.

T

timbo

Towbar Storage

BTW - if you have the 7 seater and it didn't come with the towpackage you can install a towbar storage bracket in the left rear quarterpanel.

Between reading the LR Technical site and mutiple e-mails and phone calls I was finally able to find and get them to order the part. The directions call for the entire piece of quarter panel trim out to intall it - yuck! I haven't put mine in yet - it just came. I'll see if there are any shortcuts this weekend.

http://landrover.autowebaccessories.com/store/lr3-stowage-box-prod499_718_14068.php

T

toddjb123

Did you get the dealer to purchase that? I guess mine wouldn't as I purchased the hitch from them after the vehicle was on the lot.

Can you post some pictures of the bracket out of the vehicle? Thanks!

-todd

F

Freeflytim

If you look at the 'need help towing' thread there are some pix of it mounted, The part of the hitch that slides into the bumber that you can't see is about 2x2x1 inches. Its not all that much and hard to believe that it is rated to 7k#!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toddjb123

Freeflytim said:
If you look at the 'need help towing' thread there are some pix of it mounted, The part of the hitch that slides into the bumber that you can't see is about 2x2x1 inches. Its not all that much and hard to believe that it is rated to 7k#!

hmmmm, my reply may have gotten confused. i know what the hitch looks like, what i wanted to see was what does the storage area for the hitch receiver look like? (the thing that comes in the side compartment of LR3s that were ordered with the hitch). seemed like the original poster had purchased that part and was considering it for install. there's picutres of that piece installed here, but not of it uninstalled. confused still? i sure am.

that's odd that they don't just put the thing in every car anyway (the storage place for the receiver). since every car is "tow ready" once you add the wiring harnass and hitch...

T

timbo

Picture

I'm at work so I don't have access to my web site. I've attached a JPG from the pdf of the instructions showing the part and the location.

Attachments

• Tow_Storage.jpg
    Tow_Storage.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 158
T

toddjb123

timbo said:
I'm at work so I don't have access to my web site. I've attached a JPG from the pdf of the instructions showing the part and the location.

Nice timbo, thanks!

I wan't to see it to decide if I can make something similar out of some dense foam. (similar to the stuff you find in pelican boxes and such).

-todd

T

timbo

toddjb123 said:
Nice timbo, thanks!

I wan't to see it to decide if I can make something similar out of some dense foam. (similar to the stuff you find in pelican boxes and such).

-todd

I thought about doing the same thing, but decided against it. The blower motor for the rear HVAC and the refrigerant lines run right next to it. I did NOT want to have any dealer issues with punctured lines or broken blower being blamed on non LR parts.

Glad I did as the bracket itself is a hefty hunk of steel with a dense foam and two hefty Torx-50 bolts to attach it. (Of course I only have a t-40 socket... but a 7mm will work if you take care.)

I'll write up how the install goes...

Regards, Tim

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4