Last again in the ratings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say that my '05 LR3 spent more time on the hook than any other vehicle I've ever owned. It was in spurts though. When the local stereo shop put in my Sirius they pulled power from a sensing line and seriously broke the car. Got that fixed and once I got used to ignoring dashboard lights, everything worked fine for a couple of years. Then the battery got weak and it went back to the dealer on the hook. The next year they replaced the compressor (that was working perfectly) under the recall and I had enough suspension faults to send it back to the dealer on the tow truck.

After that I traded it in on an '08 LR3 and it has been without exception the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. 35k without a single problem attributable to LR's design (I'm on my 3rd windsheild, but that is New Mexico roads). I understand the '05 being at the bottom of the polls, but the '08 is as close to perfect for me as can be imagined. All I can think is that the scoring in that poll is dominated by '05 and early-build '06 LR3's.

David

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say that my '05 LR3 spent more time on the hook than any other vehicle I've ever owned. It was in spurts though. When the local stereo shop put in my Sirius they pulled power from a sensing line and seriously broke the car. Got that fixed and once I got used to ignoring dashboard lights, everything worked fine for a couple of years. Then the battery got weak and it went back to the dealer on the hook. The next year they replaced the compressor (that was working perfectly) under the recall and I had enough suspension faults to send it back to the dealer on the tow truck.

After that I traded it in on an '08 LR3 and it has been without exception the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. 35k without a single problem attributable to LR's design (I'm on my 3rd windsheild, but that is New Mexico roads). I understand the '05 being at the bottom of the polls, but the '08 is as close to perfect for me as can be imagined. All I can think is that the scoring in that poll is dominated by '05 and early-build '06 LR3's.

David

So what your saying is somebody else made a mistake and broke it, you had a battery go bad (which they do after a few years in any vehicle) and then somebody made another mistake and broke it again?

NeilP

Reaction score
The most reliable car I have owned in the past 20 years is my current LR3. Really.

The funny thing is that I've found the same with my LR3.
Here we are on a " it's bust again " Forum , but mine ain't !

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Panzerknacker,
That pretty much describes my "horrible" experience with the '05. Thanks for boiling it down so well. Maybe I don't really understand why the '05 was at the bottom of the polls.

David

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Panzerknacker,
That pretty much describes my "horrible" experience with the '05. Thanks for boiling it down so well. Maybe I don't really understand why the '05 was at the bottom of the polls.

David

Just saying it seems that human error accounted for most of your troubles, not the vehicle. Which brings me back to my first reply in the thread.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've had my 06 lr3 for 18months and its been basically trouble free, I love this truck and it's taken me anywhere I want to go and more. Next month i'm off to death valley with no hesitation. fun fun fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99