Last leg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emeryjade

Reaction score
Okay. So sadly my trucks about done. I think the front diff is going out and there’s just so many other problems I can’t. I thought the wheel bearing was going out but the other day I was driving forwards and it made a god awful sound and got jerky so I shut it off. After being stranded without service for a few hours I decided I was going to try and drive it back. I got stuck in a little bit of snow, got pulled out and was on some ice/slush/snow and I had NO traction. Didn’t matter if the diff was locked or not or in H or L gear it wasn’t moving. I put some cat litter and my floor Matt’s down in front and back of my tyres and was able to drive in R a couple miles before finding another road to turn around on. Tried to put it in drive and you could feel it want to go but it wouldn’t. It would make a clunk sound and go forwards a tiny bit and then get all jerky and choppy. If it put it in 1,2,3 it was fine for the most part. I drove back to town using 1,2,3 but didn’t go above 35mph. There’s been kinda a wobble lately I thought it was the wheel bearing. I’m not able to drive it forwards at this point, I probably could but haven’t tried yet. I’m getting my taxes back in a few weeks and I’m planning on buying another rover but if I can get this one to last till then would be awesome. Someone said it’s the front diffs going out. If I disconnect the front propshaft/driveshaft and lock the diff could I drive it as a 2 wheel drive vehicle? Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut