Latch in 2006 LR3 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jazzy_james

might be a dumb question but does my 2006 LR3 HSE have a LATCH system. Noticed that the 2007 HSE on the landrover website states it has LATCH now.

Is this new?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. It always did; it's a legal requirement in the US. Just the 2nd row.

J

jazzy_james

thank you grommet! that was a dumb question that I asked. I took another look and found it in the back 2 side seats. unfortunately, the middle seat doesn't have it. I've been using the middle seat since I have 2 kids. I keep one side seat open for access to the third row. now, I would have to move a car seat to enter the 3rd row. darn it.

S

schafari

Not sure of your kids ages, but while we camp and pull a travel trailer with the LR3, I fit my kids in car seats three across the second row. Two Britax car seats on the outer-seats, and a Britax booster chair wiht the full back and wings in the middle.

dbregman

Reaction score
The seatbelts in the rear also have a safety feature for child seats - I use it in the center instrad of latch. After tighting seatbelt, pull all the slack from the reel. Then let it back and it will ratch back and remove all the pull from the reel.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to use the LATCH anchors... in fact, the seat belts are rated for higher weight than LATCH. It's just supposed to be "easier." No problem if you want to use the middle seat to keep the side open.

P

pbrover

grommet said:
You don't need to use the LATCH anchors... in fact, the seat belts are rated for higher weight than LATCH. It's just supposed to be "easier." No problem if you want to use the middle seat to keep the side open.

I agree with Grommet. I have 3 kids I sit 3 across on the second row. Now if you buy the following product then you can forget about ever having a car seat installation/secure problem. I have had (3) and used them over he past 5 years. It's called the Mighty-tite. I came across them at Target. My wife almost cried when I brought these home...that is just how happy she ways and me too.

http://www.epinions.com/kifm-review-6DAB-12C93375-38F8B8E4-prod3
http://cgi.ebay.com/MIGHTY-TITE-CHI...2695406QQihZ002QQcategoryZ66693QQcmdZViewItem

S

schafari

Agree as well. Always best to have kid/s in the center, and away from doors if possible. LATCH was for convience so that more parents would do it right. However, it is also not as safe as a regular belt installation done correctly.

sunlion

Reaction score
I use the center position in the second row by attaching to one of the latch anchors on either side seat along with the rear anchor. Very secure and easy with the Recaro Young Sport car seat. When cinched down, the car seat does not move. I does create an issue when accessing the 3rd row as the latch anchor is in the way of folding down the seat on the end, but its a quick disconnect then reconnect.

jcox

Reaction score
sunlion, you may want to re-think your current setup. I was told by a highly respected infant car seat installer/inspector that using the latch in the fashion you describe is a big safety risk. I had mentioned this setup to her since I also wanted our seat in the middle (with LATCH) but she emphatically stated that this is not safe or reliable for your child. Just wanted to give you a heads-up on that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72