Lazy Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

LR34Me

Has anyone succesfully programmed their keys to support this feature? I am 18inches taller than my wife so you can imagine our seating requirements are a bit different. I just read about the feature last night in the manual because the salesman started to explain it but went on to say it generally does not work properly. Although it seemed from his description that he did not get what the feature was all about.

At work today but wish I was home driving my LR3. Rained a lot yestreday so she was officially christened.

Those wavy lines in the windshield will take getting used to. I find they are much worse in the rain at night.

D

DJJeffT

LR34ME said:
Has anyone succesfully programmed their keys to support this feature? I am 18inches taller than my wife so you can imagine our seating requirements are a bit different. I just read about the feature last night in the manual because the salesman started to explain it but went on to say it generally does not work properly. Although it seemed from his description that he did not get what the feature was all about.

At work today but wish I was home driving my LR3. Rained a lot yestreday so she was officially christened.

Those wavy lines in the windshield will take getting used to. I find they are much worse in the rain at night.

I have been able to set my keys, one for me and one for my wife. She has never even driven the vehicle, but at least she's set when she does decide to do do.

The seat stays, but the mirror are VERY frustrating. They always seem to go back to a weird position, and it doesnt happen on the next entry, it happens over time. I don;t understand it. Maybe I didn't program it right...I dunno.

Jeff

C

CoreyS

It works great on our LR3. Unlocking with my key or my wife's key remembers seat position, mirror position, mirror position in reverse, and follow-me-home light duration. My only gripe is that sometimes the mirror position is a little off, but certainly close enough to be usable.

When we picked up our 2006 HSE in October, our dealer didn't know how to get the Lazy Entry to work. It didn't seem too difficult to me.

X

xcursion

Got the same issue with the mirrors. Sometime, its off or adjusted to the wrong position for no reason that I can find. Weird........

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xcursion said:
Got the same issue with the mirrors. Sometime, its off or adjusted to the wrong position for no reason that I can find. Weird........

Yup, me too.

Have complained to the dealer but try as they might, they can't recreate it. So, its one of those things that if they don't see they won't "fix." They allegedly checked for service bulletins on this issue but I didn't hear anything.

Only thing someone commented on which worked is to make sure the mirrors return to their normal position before you switch off the car (after backing up).

Still doesn't explain some other behavior, but now that I sit and wait for the LR3 after backing my car into the garage or a space, I have less problems with the mirrors...

H

Houm_WA

I think it's clearly related to the auto-dipping function. They are probably just out-of-tolerance in terms of their return to the D position. You could try re-programming that so that they don't dip in R and see if that solves the problem. For me, it's easier to just push the memory and let them correct themselves...'cause now I'm used to the auto-dipping and want it!

M

Matt_Grim2

How exactly do you program the "Lazy Entry" & what exactly is the "Lazy Entry"...

P

pbrover

I got Lazy Entry to work

1st - Turn on Lazy Entry on the Message Center
2nd - I set my wife's memory seat settings as Seat Memory 1
3rd - I set my seat memory settings as Seat Memory 2

After I did that I guess I got lucky because her key must be programmed to recognize Seat Memory 1 when she unlocks the car and my key to recognize Seat Memory 2.

Works like a charm!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seating and mirror positions (for Lazy Entry) are actually saved when the key is removed from Position II after you've set them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635