P1707-77 Transmission Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyInIdaho

Reaction score
2014 LR4 99k miles. Today I started my LR when i put it in reverse to back out of the garage I received a transmission fault on the info screen and a blinking R on the shifter. The rig would not move. I went from R to N and back nothing also to Park back to R nothing. Then I put the transmission in Drive I felt it engage and the fault went away. I went to reverse and all was well. When I reached my destination I used my GAP to read codes. I had a P1707-77 code as shown in photo. Everything had been working flawlessly and still seems to be. Some extra information, though likely unrelated. Lately the vehicle has been being used in extreme -20°f and colder conditions. But at night has been put away in a garage at about 45°f.

I can't find this particular code searching the threads.

Has anyone had any experience with this or any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_120441_IIDControl.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_120441_IIDControl.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 24

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that DTC, work shop manual says replace the transmission control module. AKA valve body.

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But that's a stock $$$$ Land Rover thing to do.

Have you ever changed your tranny fluid? Might be past time. Mine got wonky at 90 some k and a fluid change and a thing of Lube Guard mostly cleaned it up. I recently rebuilt the valve body with a zip kit and it is completely better.

TonyInIdaho

Reaction score
The previous owner had it done at the dealer about 30k ago. A fluid change is on my list for in the spring when things warm up. On another thread, a fellow shared a TSB that covers my vin for that CEL. It calls for use of a different pan. Sounds like it is a known problem in cold weather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72